Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna know if it is possible to replace my computer for a rsx type s computer or not?

My car is a honda civic sir 2003 k20A3 engine.

thanks to all :)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
dont do it unless u have a A2 head... just match the head with the ecu... thats all u need to worry about, each head has diffrent programming... the bottom end is a diffrent story

·
Registered
59 Posts
i had a friend that did that in his EP3 and it ran, but it ran like crap. he was runing like .8 slower in the quarter mile. it will run though but if your looking to upgrade i would go with kpro, cause then you can run a a2 head on the same ecu your using. and you will get the most gains now.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
no no no... the head HAS to match the ecu... you will cause major internal problems if you do not have them matched. the computers are diffrent for a reason, diffrent compression ratios, fuel ratio's, diffrent vtec, diffrent cams.. everthing in the head is diffrent...

just match the head with the ecu... unless it is a k20a with a kproed a2 ecu

·
Registered
59 Posts
hondaluver said:
no no no... the head HAS to match the ecu... you will cause major internal problems if you do not have them matched.

they dont HAVE TO be the same. like i said my friend has a ep3 and ran a a2 ecu for a while when he sent his off to get kpro, it ran like shit but it still ran. it wont hurt anything.but i wouldnt run it unless i had too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.