Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
good luck on finding that info, the cluster is very complex compare to the dc2 cluster. if you gonna spend that much timeand money, might as well go for the s2k digital cluster.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just did this last week in my boys EG, Im not finished yet but hes driving with it. The only thing that doesnt work so far is the temp guage and I cant get the ABS and SRS lights to go off. PM me and i can send you a diagram i made up.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
you'll need the digital communication line (green & white) located in the dc5 interior harness, as well as the dc5 interior (under the dash) fuse box which contains the multiplexor.

the digi line runs from the ecu to the multiplexor then to the cluster.

the digital comm line is digital NOT voltage driven like eg/dc/ek signals...I am doing the same cluster swap...I am sending all the above parts to Redzone in CA to make an adapter harness & hook up the digital comm line (& separate it from the rest of the dc5 int harness)

here is the rsx-s cluster pinout -

not sure about the abs & srs light...I didn't think of that - if your not running ABS or an SRS wheel :eek:

-Greg

·
Registered
135 Posts
6spd_EK said:
you'll need the digital communication line (green & white) located in the dc5 interior harness, as well as the dc5 interior (under the dash) fuse box which contains the multiplexor.

the digi line runs from the ecu to the multiplexor then to the cluster.

the digital comm line is digital NOT voltage driven like eg/dc/ek signals...I am doing the same cluster swap...I am sending all the above parts to Redzone in CA to make an adapter harness & hook up the digital comm line (& separate it from the rest of the dc5 int harness)

here is the rsx-s cluster pinout -

not sure about the abs & srs light...I didn't think of that - if your not running ABS or an SRS wheel :eek:

-Greg
The problem is we dont have the multiplexor and the owner of the car is fine without the temp guage cuz he already has an autometer one. But I am going to figure out the SRS and ABS problem. Let me know how yours works out. :up:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is old..BUT i got a DC5 Cluster working in my DC2 with RSX Dash and console fitted. EVEYTIHNG working 100% and no engine check light.....and it lights up like a christmas tree!

NOW, i just converted my DC2 into RHD.. with a RHD DC5 Dash and console.. will be ready in 1 month.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Midnight Auto said:
I just did this last week in my boys EG, Im not finished yet but hes driving with it. The only thing that doesnt work so far is the temp guage and I cant get the ABS and SRS lights to go off. PM me and i can send you a diagram i made up.
that's an rsx cluster in a eg ??

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
B20VTECHUSTLER said:
that's an rsx cluster in a eg ??
ahhhh...yes

on a side note I sent everything (cluster, spare set of plugs w/cut wires, complete rsx-s interior harness, rsx-s multiplexor (int fuse box) '00 dx cluster harness) to redzone to make a plug & play adapter harness

I will post up results when i receive 'em
-Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
jaiden said:
this is old..BUT i got a DC5 Cluster working in my DC2 with RSX Dash and console fitted. EVEYTIHNG working 100% and no engine check light.....and it lights up like a christmas tree!

NOW, i just converted my DC2 into RHD.. with a RHD DC5 Dash and console.. will be ready in 1 month.
hi bro
Care to share this info on how you wired a DC5 cluster into a Dc2

did you change to a DC5 ecu ???

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
9ryukin said:
hi bro
Care to share this info on how you wired a DC5 cluster into a Dc2

did you change to a DC5 ecu ???
for the cluster you don't need ecu for everything EXCEPT water temp...everything except water temp splices directly.

the dc5 water temp signal is sent via a digital communication line (thru a multiplexor which processes signal to go to cluster)...on ek/eg/dc water temp signal is analog (voltage driven) whereas water temp for dc5 is digital

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.