Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering for future reference. Is there anyone that has installed type R or Toda cams into their type-s motor? and how is the procedure different from a B-series cam install (which is rather straight forward and simple in the eyes of someone who knows the engine)

thanks,
Brian.

·
Registered
46 Posts
To get the power of the k20a you would have to match those cams with higher compression, a larger intake manifold, a better header, and a higher redline... Not to mention some ecu tuning. Don't think of perfomance as bolting on one piece, it is a new "combonation" of parts that will take your motor to the next step. This is how Hytech can get 300whp out of an all motor RSX.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ok man. didnt know it was here.
question. is the ukdm k20a2 same as the usdm k20a2. i noe the engine numbers are the same but is there any difference? or did honda just put a red cam cover on it and labeled it type R for us brits.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If your gonna put in cams you can put the toda n2 cams which are sick but this comes w/ the whole kit and tuned ecu. But thats money right there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toda Cams installed

I just installed Toda Cam package in a customers Del Sol with a Type S motor. Easy install because I didn't even remove the head. Valve-spring are pink and replace the dual springs offered stock with a single spring design. We got the N2 Engine kit. 230 whp here we come! A large amount of the appeal can be attributed to the fact that the ECU p-n-p requires no tuning. Just plug it in and get busy!

:twisted:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts