Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over the web and all these site about the many hoops to jump through in order to make a crx k20a2 swap bar'd legal in CA.I havent found ANYTHING but other threads on 99 coupes ect..

Has anyone done this or is their a link im missing when i search? Please help me find this out,Im so sick of ref tickets for my B-series I dont want to worry about the money eating K swap to.:confused:

Thanks for all the help,:eek:
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Sorry I live in Ohio. But I hear there are ways around that crap. Like make friends with an inspector, or swap motors every year, or swap dashes into a legal car, and get it inspected. Those are a few that come to mind. Thanks to all the hippies for messing crap up.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
true_rolling said:
I dont worry about smog because my cars are registered to my home town which is smog exempt. I want a ref sticker so when my hood gets popped I dont get towed :cry: But I guess I can always run :driving: LOL
Crown Vics can't catch KRXes. Just watch out for the Ghettobirds.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I know how to do it.... and its no fun, and you wont be able to make much power.... do it illegal:(

If you did you would basically need a donor rsx. Ask me specific questions, i dont have time to post up a book of info.:up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know how to do it.... and its no fun, and you wont be able to make much power.... do it illegal:(

If you did you would basically need a donor rsx. Ask me specific questions, i dont have time to post up a book of info.:up:
I know this is an old thread and sorry for bringng it back to life but, would you suggest the H22a1 vs the k20a2 then with respect to power and torque. It definately seems easier to BAR a OBD1 H22a1 versus a OBD2 K20a2. Biggest problem I see with the K20a2 is the imobilizer, and evap system (returnless).

So what do you say, stick with a H22a1 for slightly less Horsepower, but better torque?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I know this is an old thread and sorry for bringng it back to life but, would you suggest the H22a1 vs the k20a2 then with respect to power and torque. It definately seems easier to BAR a OBD1 H22a1 versus a OBD2 K20a2. Biggest problem I see with the K20a2 is the imobilizer, and evap system (returnless).

So what do you say, stick with a H22a1 for slightly less Horsepower, but better torque?
Dude just go to a ghetto inspectionist and pay him like 40 bucks instead of 15 and he'll pass you like nothing:up: Why are you trying to become honestly legal with inspections?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude just go to a ghetto inspectionist and pay him like 40 bucks instead of 15 and he'll pass you like nothing:up: Why are you trying to become honestly legal with inspections?
man have you ever been pulled over and given a ticket to go to the ref? guess what happens when i can't get the the ref to pass the car... next time i get pulled over, bye bye car. Also, last time i checked "ghetto inspectionists" are charging 5 times of what you can think you can get them for.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
man have you ever been pulled over and given a ticket to go to the ref? guess what happens when i can't get the the ref to pass the car... next time i get pulled over, bye bye car. Also, last time i checked "ghetto inspectionists" are charging 5 times of what you can think you can get them for.
If you do any kind of work or know anybody in the Honda game then you can find someone to pass you. I think that says plenty

and 5 times more? WTF. Where do you get your shh from?:confused:
Are you white? Maybe they look at you and think your rich? Put on a
hat and a dirty shirt or something.
by the way what is a REF? WTF

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you do any kind of work or know anybody in the Honda game then you can find someone to pass you. I think that says plenty

and 5 times more? WTF. Where do you get your shh from?:confused:
Are you white? Maybe they look at you and think your rich? Put on a
hat and a dirty shirt or something.
by the way what is a REF? WTF
you must not be from cali bro... and no i'm not white. hondas aren't a game for me son. You never heard of a REF? WTF:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
you must not be from cali bro... and no i'm not white. hondas aren't a game for me son. You never heard of a REF? WTF:confused:
Nope never heard of a ref and I know guys that have been down with hondas for decades don't know wtf REF is. So quit whining and explain? Maybe I'll wither off and die. You talking about a UFO or something? Basketball Ref maybe? and no Im far from Cali bro

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nope never heard of a ref and I know guys that have been down with hondas for decades don't know wtf REF is. So quit whining and explain? Maybe I'll wither off and die. You talking about a UFO or something? Basketball Ref maybe? and no Im far from Cali bro
GOD I LOVE CALI aint no place like it the traffice the music the places to go the ocean and best of all the cops hahahahha :cool:

For the record (correct me if I'm wrong) by saying "REF" we mean State Ref and if you get pulled over and get a citation for smog then you have to baisically and put everything back to stock. You must pass the visuall and the smog portion its a pain in the A$$ if you ask me i never had to do the smog but did went there for a modified exhaust and it was a pain just for that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GOD I LOVE CALI aint no place like it the traffice the music the places to go the ocean and best of all the cops hahahahha :cool:

For the record (correct me if I'm wrong) by saying "REF" we mean State Ref and if you get pulled over and get a citation for smog then you have to baisically and put everything back to stock. You must pass the visuall and the smog portion its a pain in the A$$ if you ask me i never had to do the smog but did went there for a modified exhaust and it was a pain just for that.
That's right homie. These other guys from other states don't even know the shit we got to go through here on Cali. Fools think they know shit just cuz they got friend that have been into hondas for decades.... Really decades! I thought I was old. I bought my first crx in 1990. He isn't even from cali and probably doesn't even own a Honda. If he does he probably learned everything he knows from the fast and furios movies.

Let's get back on topic and let's hear from anyone with any good info for trying to get a k20 bar'd in crx. If you are out of state and have never heard about a ref please don't waste my time and anyone else reading this thread looking for knowledgeable information with your comments that don't help.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
That's right homie. These other guys from other states don't even know the shit we got to go through here on Cali. Fools think they know shit just cuz they got friend that have been into hondas for decades.... Really decades! I thought I was old. I bought my first crx in 1990. He isn't even from cali and probably doesn't even own a Honda. If he does he probably learned everything he knows from the fast and furios movies.

Let's get back on topic and let's hear from anyone with any good info for trying to get a k20 bar'd in crx. If you are out of state and have never heard about a ref please don't waste my time and anyone else reading this thread looking for knowledgeable information with your comments that don't help.
Yo your stupid. I know Cali is Special, but you act like everybody else get's inspected at Walmart. Shhhh if I go to a normal inspection officer and he doesn't pass me WTF you think I gotta do? Go back to stock like you or get penalized by Pigs...They are hot in TEXAS too you 4 post ASS, so we have connections. Stop going to tight ass inspection officers. Go to the hood. I know many peeps in CA riding dirty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yo your stupid. I know Cali is Special, but you act like everybody else get's inspected at Walmart. Shhhh if I go to a normal inspection officer and he doesn't pass me WTF you think I gotta do? Go back to stock like you or get penalized by Pigs...They are hot in TEXAS too you 4 post ASS, so we have connections. Stop going to tight ass inspection officers. Go to the hood. I know many peeps in CA riding dirty.
Yo, BS retard aka "wannabe Chamillionare" stop posting your BS on this thread. There's no value to your retarded posts. Just give it up man. We all know you don't know anything about how to get a K20A2 CRX BAR'd so stop posting useless comments.

Unlike you I don't got to go to the hood, I am in the hood. Next time you visit your Cali "peeps" roll through my hood and say what's up. I'm at 810 E Pine Street 90221 http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=camilion (map so you wont get lost :confused:)

Let's get this thread back on track so that people looking for usable info on K20A.org can get it. No more BS posts...thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.