Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am running a k20a in my circuit racing car, on my b series I deleted the PCV valve and rocker cover vent, welded 2x -12an fittings into the valve cover and ran to a vented catch can. Can I do the same on the k20 motor. Just weld and blank the PCV and then run 2x -12an lines on the exhaust side of the valve cover to a vented catch can?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Yes.

Some people don't realize that the crankcase air volume is connected to the valve cover air volume by the oil drain-back ports. Nothing wrong with blocking the PCV as long as you have a vent somewhere.

Having recently painted my valve cover, be aware that there's a baffle plate between the valves and the existing vent to keep the oil contained. Depending where you add the new fittings, you may have issues with oil flying in that direction unless you add a baffle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone else have any more thoughts on block the PCV as long as the valve cover is vented properly.

I have had a look and in japan and on the one make DC5 they block the PCV port off completely and just have the valve cover vented

1 - 3 of 3 Posts