Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
if teh K20a can i don't see why the A2 wouldn't be able to?

just be careful No2 is an easy upgrade but it is easy to go wrong too...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am just amazed to hear guys are running 100 shot on a stock motor on pump gas.... does anyone know who is doing that... I would like to hear there setups and what they are pushing

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
read through that other thread that you posted on. It has a link that i posted to a thread over on Honda-TEch. the guys were running a 100 shot on a stock K20a and were making over 300whp. Then they left the bottle warmer on and blew the motor...

Do you have any prior experience with Nitrous?

·
Registered
501 Posts
100 seems real high. i ran a 75 dry years ago on my d16z6 and a 75 wet on my b16a with no problems ever, but 100 seems risky, even on the bigger motor. were those guys running direct port or a fogger that were making over 300whp?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sprayed my b18c type R... it was a stock motor, we retartd the timing, colder plugs, 94 octane... we ran a 60 shot wet. that was the highest ive been with spray

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
300 very impressive... but my question is if its not direct... its a single fogger... and the octane is lower let say 94 octane... can the motor handle the 100 shot, with stock internals and a kpro? and if it can not what is the highest shot... im guessing 80 shot on a single fogger.

·
Registered
285 Posts
it probally can; just tune it(have the ecu retard the timing maybe; and set the jets to run a little rich).

·
Registered
433 Posts
I used to run a 100 dry shot on a bone stock internal D16Y8. I juiced on a weekly basis at the street races for over a year, and never ran anything but 89 octane. It's all about management and being "responsible" with use. I was conservative with the timing, and never put a bunch of load on the engine such as a 5th gear pull from 3000 rpm, etc.

Run the air fuel rich and be conservative with the timing. Close up your plug gap a tad and even consider going with a step colder plug. Juice it and see how much the heat is showing on the threads....any more than 4-5 threads showing color from heat and you could go one step colder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
goldywang said:
100 seems real high. i ran a 75 dry years ago on my d16z6 and a 75 wet on my b16a with no problems ever, but 100 seems risky, even on the bigger motor. were those guys running direct port or a fogger that were making over 300whp?
he was running an nos direct port with an 80 shot running rich with the juice on

·
Registered
805 Posts
jon v said:
read through that other thread that you posted on. It has a link that i posted to a thread over on Honda-TEch. the guys were running a 100 shot on a stock K20a and were making over 300whp. Then they left the bottle warmer on and blew the motor...
it was an 80 shot direct and 110, yeah bottle preassure was insane when they blew it up ........heard somewhere in the 2000psi region....WOW

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a k20a2 with 220k miles and I was wondering if I slap head bolts on it with a new head gasket can I run a wet 50 shot on 93 octane and make 260whp on kpro, msg me a realistic hp goal for this setup. And I seen for a 50 shot you have to retard the timing 5 degrees, how true is that?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,026 Posts
I have a k20a2 with 220k miles and I was wondering if I slap head bolts on it with a new head gasket can I run a wet 50 shot on 93 octane and make 260whp on kpro, msg me a realistic hp goal for this setup. And I seen for a 50 shot you have to retard the timing 5 degrees, how true is that?
If your engine has a proper compression test result around 210 psi (stock CR, stock valvetrain) I would see no restrictions from the combustion chamber side. That would mean your basic setup produces already 218 whp? Background: 260 whp are around 306 flwhp. From there -50 hp for the NO2 gives you 256 flwhp, and this is about 217.6 whp.

Regarding ign. timing a 3° to 4° will be likely necessary with a 50 hp wet N2O shot. Starting with 5° ign. retard to see what the engine likes and advance it later if no knock happens is a good approach. The added oxygen and fuel increases the VE like a supercharger does it. The combustion velocity won't increase, just the cooling effect of the NO2 will give a higher knock resistance compared to a supercharger. Concluding, 50 hp in addition from an supercharger (around 5 psi) will give the demand of an higher ign. retard compared to a 50 hp wet Nitros shot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.