Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm getting a k20a-r and i want to add a supercharger but the engine is stock. problem is i am a noob and i don't know where to start i know i should build up the block first- but good work is hard to find. i was thinking pistons??? cams ?? fuel injectors, rails and pump??? any help would be great i want max potential my friend has a b16 with turbo and i wanna smoke it. so with this built setup can any body list what i would need? plus any hp rating i would love. i know its 220 stock and i have heard of 12sec 1/4 mi. times are possible stock. also what kind of sc i was thinking a roots, not sur on what manufacture...thanks:silly:

·
Registered
962 Posts
i'm getting a k20a-r and i want to add a supercharger but the engine is stock. problem is i am a noob and i don't know where to start i know i should build up the block first- but good work is hard to find. i was thinking pistons??? cams ?? fuel injectors, rails and pump??? any help would be great i want max potential my friend has a b16 with turbo and i wanna smoke it. so with this built setup can any body list what i would need? plus any hp rating i would love. i know its 220 stock and i have heard of 12sec 1/4 mi. times are possible stock. also what kind of sc i was thinking a roots, not sur on what manufacture...thanks:silly:
that car will not run a 12 sec 1/4 stock. I know the RSX with the k20a2 is a mid 14sec car with only 20whp less, 20whp will not shave off over 2 seconds.

You can straight bolt a supercharger to the k20a without a problem. Only thing is your compression is high so you are going to have to retard ignition to run it. A good tune is going to be required even more so than if it were a stock k20a2.

You are going to need Kpro, cold air intake, race header and motor mounts at a minimum along with larger injectors to make the supercharger really wake up. I would suggest that you run it at 7-9psi and it will be really reliable and fun to drive.

·
Registered
962 Posts
should i get low comp pistons or retard ignition.
like was said before, just retard ignition. If you had a way to cool the charged air it would be optimal but there aren't many aftercoolers out there. You can always use Methanol Injection as a chemical intercooler and octane booster. Both of these will allow you to run more ignition thus a jump in power as well.

A high compression motor will actually make more power than a low compression motor under boost but the the threshold for knocks become much much lower when you are running higher compression.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Obviously I'm biased but my suggestion is this. I assume you have an EP3 but either way, save your money instead of getting a Type-R Motor and get a k24a2 ($2k ish) and throw a JRSC ($1800 ish) on that and run a 3.2" or 3.0" pulley on it. If you plan to run some sort of cooling in the way of water meth or aftercooler which can be found on clubrsx then go with the 3.0" pulley, otherwise maybe 3.2" like I am. I hit 8.5PSI where I'm located and make 300whp and 235wtq on my setup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i have an ep3 but i'm swapping a eg, the ep3 weighs 2 damn much and its still under warranty after that a swap maybe... but thanks you guys i was just worried about detonation an aftercooler would be swell bout oh well. i will get kpro and go to the local dyno.:D the frank build sound exciting but i wanted either the k20a or the a2. i know i would save money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.