Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im not sure this is the right place for this question. If isnt than sorry in advance. So Im working on building my 05 si up, the trans is on the fritz and for the money I want to put a JDM type R trans in. I asked on club EP3 I was told its an exact fit, however the type R trans has reverse lockout and uses a different clutch. I was then informed that this is in fact the site or all things K...duh lol! So to the question: What needs to be done to put a JDM type R trans in a US 05si?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And again if this is not the place to ask, sorry......Im new here....its my first day =P!!:worship:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hello, Im not sure this is the right place for this question. If isnt than sorry in advance. So Im working on building my 05 si up, the trans is on the fritz and for the money I want to put a JDM type R trans in. I asked on club EP3 I was told its an exact fit, however the type R trans has reverse lockout and uses a different clutch. I was then informed that this is in fact the site or all things K...duh lol! So to the question: What needs to be done to put a JDM type R trans in a US 05si?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And again if this is not the place to ask, sorry......Im new here....its my first day =P!!:worship:
The reverse lockout won't work unless you wire it in or have the rsx-s engine harness. And I think you need the prb ecu too. Clutch must be bought from the rsx-s. Labor is what is need to be done to fit.

·
Registered
14,749 Posts
it'll bolt up. you can even reuse your clutch. flywheel, clutch, pressure plate all has to be the same vehicle. but you could use type s flywheel, clutch, pressure plate or ep3 flywheel, clutch pressure plate. YOU CAN NOT USE ep3 flywheel, type s pressure plate. it will NOT work.

you can run it if you are careful but you will not have reverse lockout. You will need type s engine harness and ecu in order to get it working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts