Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I inquired threw hybrid racing as to the cost of the wiring harness ($350) as to why it was so "pricey" in comparison to a B....the response was...

"The K series harness is more indepth and requires more materials then the B series swap. You can view pictures of it on the site at www.hybrid-racing.com."

So it would seem, whatever it is you have to do, its a gonna be harder than the B...

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
That is pretty cool if you want to do it yourself. Do you have access to the helms manuals? I cannot guide you step by step on how to do it because I do not want to be rensponsible in case you burn the ecu or mess something up... lol

Just ask the right questions and you will receive the right answers... One of the biggest problem about the wiring is the plugs.

The E plug is kind of hard to find on its own. I was able to locate the original honda part through tyco/amp but the minimum order is 1200 pieces, around $2500 worth.. And you still need more plugs.

Good luck,

Nikos

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
I would like to add some things so people do not take this the wrong way.

The main reason I started the site was to educate myself and others on k series engine performance and swaps.

The wiring is no where close as simple as the b series. It is far more complicated. Once you are finished making around 35 wire connections between 6-7 plugs, if the car doesn't start.... what can you do? Start all over? Basically, a single wrong placed connection can cause this car to be silent...

Hybrid racing and hasport harnesses are really different. They both get the job done using different connection points. There are a few shops out there that are selling their own versions but from what I have seenm they are either copying one or the other. Hondata on their website has a diagram for EG k20a wiring. That is pretty close to the hasport harness from what I was told.

Again, I don;t want to discourage anyone. You do need the helms and the plugs. The rest takes some patience. Even with the right information you will need at least 5 hours to connect it all together and that is if it is the right way to do it.

If you dedicate your own time to do this and are not looking to make a profit by using other people's hard work, we will do our best to help you.

Nikos

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
nikos said:
...If you dedicate your own time to do this and are not looking to make a profit by using other people's hard work, we will do our best to help you.

Nikos
:up: :up: :up: :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
can anyone point me to where is can get the helms manuals for a JDM ITR DC5.
or the info from them on the ECU and engine sensor connections for the ITR.

sorrry for the hijack - but it may also be useful to others reading this thread.
( well thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it )

·
Registered
110 Posts
thanks fearless - but have PM'ed you yesterday and i think you are already fixing me up. with wiring tips on the mid engine swap project.
many thanks indeed!

·
Registered
21 Posts
so with the hybrid harness what has to wired in..I talked to Will and he made it sound like it was a walk in the park...that if I get there harness all I have to do is run 3 wires and thats it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
With the hybrid harness..you just plug it in to the K harness and K ecu,and to the chassis plugs,than run the three wires to the brake master cylinder cap,coolant temp sensor and alternator signal wire at ecu harness.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
With the hybrid harness..you just plug it in to the K harness and K ecu,and to the chassis plugs,than run the three wires to the brake master cylinder cap,coolant temp sensor and alternator signal wire at ecu harness.

and there is only 1 relay which is the o2 right ? i still dont see to understand how the fuel pump relay is or is being used with this harness? or main relay for that matter..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts