Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there are shops in Maryland that are experienced in doing a k20a swap in a eg. I am interested in complete price if all i bring is the car. and another price if bring the car and the swap with all the parts i want to use. Thanx in advance

Torry

·
Registered
433 Posts
Inline Pro in Va is the closest I know to you. I hate to vouch for Inline Pro due to a car I have received for repair that had an H22 plus auto/manual swap in an accord. It was the shottiest hack job, ghetto rigged up deal I have ever seen. They charged over 8,000 for an H22 swap into an auto Accord. The only thing I can attribute this too is the fact the swap was done in 2000. It seems that shop has come a long way in some time and has developed a descent rep. My JDM distributor is also a distributor for them, so I know the motors they are receiving are quality. They actually caused me to miss a K20 swap because they bought all 5 of the K20a's my distributor had. I would have to say that having done 5 K20's they should be up to par.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mr2turbo said:
I was just wondering if there are shops in Maryland that are experienced in doing a k20a swap in a eg. I am interested in complete price if all i bring is the car. and another price if bring the car and the swap with all the parts i want to use. Thanx in advance

Torry

Hey,

I have a guy in MD (Laurel) that is doing a handful of my friends EG/EK K20 swaps. I can ask for a price and see what his schedule is. I would highly recommend getting the parts yourself and I would also recommend staying away from Inline. Contrary to pouplar belief they really don't have a good track record for pricing (they rip people off) and they do pretty average work. LMK if your interested...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im not read y quite yet but im tryin to figure out a plan. The only thing that scares me is the getting the mounts in and the shift linkage. It would be coo to get a price on doin the swap if i bring all the pieces

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey silversupragirl go ahead and find out - I'm in NoVA and I'm all about this K swap-in-an-EK thing. Those guys wouldn't happen to know if any of those swaps have passed inspection/emissions around here would thery? I currently have a 300c I'm selling to make way for an EK (300 = no feedback = boring commutes). I've heard the same things about inline charging a boatload, I've been by their shop several times and they seem to at least have good cust. service. There are other shops in the area that're 20 times worse...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea Im defineately interested in doing the swap. I have several b series swaps my self. But this seems alil more difficult. I know plenty of shops that can do b and h swaps in the area just not k swaps. It seems alil more involved. Wiring harness and the k - pro instal and tuning along with mounting the mounts, cables for trans, where to put the ac. Just to hard for my skill level.Any one know where i can take it to get the k- pro tuned also .That is worring me too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I too would recommend Ultimate. Norris Prayoonto, Saul Salceda, and Jason Hunt work there. Norris did my k20a swap in my EP and my k20a2 swap in my EK. He is also the best K-pro tuner in our area. Hondata recommends and sponsors his race cars, which also run k-series motors in an insight and integra. www.ultimateva.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would say TSR performance.
or inline pro
Inline did do a k in a red hatch
I have sean both good and bad form inline so its all in what $ you spend and how well u know them.
But then thats with any place.
Ultimate is a good place from what I hear.

And what ever you do dont use clutch masters!

·
Registered
381 Posts
seek1212 said:
has INLINE PRO actually done a K20 in a EG/EK platform?
i wouldnt bother my freind.. you have quite a few experienced guys around who can more than lend u a hand.... hehe

·
Registered
929 Posts
just an fyi.. im going to try to make it to the meet on sat night after revtech's dyno day this sat.

If you want to come by to the dyno day OR to the meet and see what i have or discuss feel free.

pm if you have ?'s on where it will be held etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1fstEP3 said:
I too would recommend Ultimate. Norris Prayoonto, Saul Salceda, and Jason Hunt work there. Norris did my k20a swap in my EP and my k20a2 swap in my EK. He is also the best K-pro tuner in our area. Hondata recommends and sponsors his race cars, which also run k-series motors in an insight and integra. www.ultimateva.com
so nu-image isnt around anymore?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dunno how much this will help, but, we went to a Scooby meet in NoVa, in Sterling, and at the Shop, Mach V Motorsports, there was what I thought I could see from the side of the shop a new Si getting its K20A4 (I think) ripped out and what looked like a K24A2 sitting next to it. I'd look into it....now granted, it was K for K, but who knows, maybe they know what they are doing....

(BTW, Maryland K series owner here :D )

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow if you guys have experiece in doing a b swap why are you scared. It's really a piece of cake. Hasport supplies excellent directions along with a list of every part you need. I have a shop in Michigan but that might be alittle to far for you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.