Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awsome Forum, love following. Just completed a K20A Swap in an EM2 and the only issue I have is a Jerky motion in low gear. Especially 1st and 2nd. Pretty much unsafe to drive to get it tuned until I resolve this issue. I downloaded/uploaded a base map that coorelates to my build from Kpro (K20a2-rsx-310cc-itrcams-jrhdr). The following is additonal information on my build. The car is unsafe to drive and would like to get it tuned after I resolve this issue. Any information that anyone can provide would be helpfull. Thankyou

Engine: K20A JDM Type R (Head Ported and Decked)
ECU: PRC
Injectors: 310cc
Throttle Body: Ktuned-70mm
ktuned TPS Hall Effect sensor (Has been set prior to starting)
Intake: Skunk2 Ultra Street
Hybrid Cold Intake to Fender
Exhaust: PLM
Fuel Pressue: approximately 40-43 Psi

Note: I have adapted a oil pressure gauge w/rigid line adjacent to the oil pressure sendor, which as small leak. I will replace with flex line. overall oil pressure is good.

k20a.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you bring your fuel pressure up to the factory 50ish psi? The 20% low pressure might be making it too lean

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, my EM2 is a returnless line. Therfore, I cannot regulate the stock fuel pump. What are yor thoughts about increasing the stock 310cc injectors to 410-440cc?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Injector flow rates aren't linear over their duty cycle range. Especially at low duty cycles. Changing injectors just opens up a whole new kettle of fish with regards to unknown fueling.

Personally i would just get it to a tuner and get it tuned. That'll take care of any lean issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts