Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
pardon my ignorance, since ive never been under the hood of an EK to notice the cross member, but whats the difference exactly? why is the mounting of the EG superior to that of the EK?

·
Registered
359 Posts
katman said:
You cannot bolt an EG crossmember onto an EK chassis. It's designed differently.
Sorry Jason, you're wrong here.. You can install the EG crossmember, as long as you also use the EG control arms as well.. The new Hasport EKK2 kit (when released) will utilize these parts to move the engine back further, allowing more ground clearance/hood clearance, and better axle angles..

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes, you can use an EG crossmember in the EK. I have that done in our race car; I have the initial set made by HASport for that.

We actually are no longer going to run that car becasue of the GM deal, so if you are interested in purchasing them, PM me.

I will try to see if I can fnd pictures that you can actually see the difference, but i never mounted a K in there with the EK crossmember.

It will certainly affect clearance for a turbo, but I think there is still decent room in there with the right manifold.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jdkindle said:
yes, you can use an EG crossmember in the EK. I have that done in our race car; I have the initial set made by HASport for that.

We actually are no longer going to run that car becasue of the GM deal, so if you are interested in purchasing them, PM me.

I will try to see if I can fnd pictures that you can actually see the difference, but i never mounted a K in there with the EK crossmember.

It will certainly affect clearance for a turbo, but I think there is still decent room in there with the right manifold.
Im interested in Buying those mounts off you. You have a Pm Sent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.