Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are they available and for how much, i was gonna get a b18c5, but then i found out about the k-series into civic swaps...

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
The average price is around $5000 but they can be found for $3500. Having the motor is just one part of the equation... wiring is a PITA...

What year car you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotta 96, i was gonna swap a JDM b18c5 into it, but i heard they're comin out with the mount kits real soon, and there's really not much of a price difference.

btw: a guy offered me engine, ecu, and mounts for 4000, but i just don't know if i can give up the money just yet, am i gonna be able to find another deal like it, or is it pretty rare?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, before my fiancee wrecked my Civic EX I had (96-00) I had a fully built b18c in mine and I've been hearing good things about the K series motors, so I'm in the market for another EK and I wanted to do the K20a2 swap in mine, and have the first Turbocharged K20Ek in my town, but yeah I was hearing about the Type S swap can be found for 3500.00 and up, but I wanna keep my power steering and a/c so she wont die of heat or cold even tho she has a RSX but thats besides the point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
black96civicex said:
where are they available and for how much, i was gonna get a b18c5, but then i found out about the k-series into civic swaps...
us$3800 you can get this price from e tuning 365 days a year

·
Registered
22 Posts
itr2277 said:
If you want the k20A and wants a good price.Come over here to japan3000-3800 anytime.We are all k20 hobbyist,can help one another.Sorry for the bad english.Is getting a k20A really that expensive over there?
Do you have a #? :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
heh someone should email that guy from japan, he could start a buisness if he started exporting them... for less than 4k

·
Registered
24 Posts
ren said:
heh someone should email that guy from japan, he could start a buisness if he started exporting them... for less than 4k
If only it were that easy..... Customs=whores.

Nikos and I have been over this several times..... Its a win-lose situation. Best price you will find for a Complete swap is 4800 shipped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
to k20a-ek,
where did you find that price at? im here googlin the sh*t out of my afternoon, but all i can find is about 5500 for a k20a from a decent company and thats minus the shipping...everyone else sellin under 5k is missing a couple things aka lsd or no trans,etc....sighs...help is needed....thx!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts