Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to these k series a little. And this question probably been covered already, but what is the horse difference between the two engines? And why?

thanks,

JDMPB

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
In stock form, the k20a2 from a 2002-2004 rsx type S has 20HP less than the k20a JDM.

The JDM k20a has higher compression, different cams, pistons, intake maniflod, throttle body etc.. It also comes with LSD and a better final gear.

Both motors make sense to me.

The k20a comes with LSD and good power potential with k pro and a nice exhaust/intake/header

The k20a2 with the right parts will make more power and you can also add the LSD for $850 etc..

Some people get the k20a2 and try to make it into a R but at this point it looks like aftermarket cams and other head internals will give better results.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Alot of people say that if your not doing a K20a swap, dont waste your time doing a k20a2 swap. And most of the people saying that are people with B18C swaps. Which makes no sense, because a K20a2 with just intake, headers, exhaust and a reflash makes more hp that a fully built B18C .

·
Registered
16 Posts
K20a2 makes more sense if you live in Cali. You don't have to mess around w/ a JDM motor. You will have a USDM motor that you can get barred easier as more CARB approved parts become available. Cali is getting crazy guys. I just sold my JDM B18Cr hatch cuz the state ref was gonna rape me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.