Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What octane fuel should be used in a k20a (DC5R)? I had done a lot of research comparing turbos to k20 swaps and decided on the k20 swap, and one thing that came up was higher octane fuel for the turbo but no one ever came up with what octane should be used for a k20a. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Whatever the premium rating on the pump gas in your area(91, 92, or 93) should be sufficient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn aznboysrfr, you post here too? I guess that makes sense being you have a k20 and all. Uhm, I've heard that term a lot and it's one of the items on my long list of "what the fuck is this shit?" Knocking is what I'm referring to. I'd look it up but I have to get ready for work asap right now.

·
Registered
999 Posts
edo said:
Yeah 91 octane pretty much sucks, especially when you have to run a catalytic converter and power steering. Still good enough to make 288hp/210tq on a built 11.7cr K20 though.

-Ron
can i ask what was done to that k20 for that kind of power? doesnt have to be exact just basic, stroked? piston? p&p? thanks edo

·
Registered
363 Posts
edo said:
Yeah 91 octane pretty much sucks, especially when you have to run a catalytic converter and power steering. Still good enough to make 288hp/210tq on a built 11.7cr K20 though.

-Ron
lol what the catalytic converter have to do with the octane rates ,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.