Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to put type r LSD into a type s tranny? Or whats a good LSD brand for the type s? thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
The DC5 ITR LSD will fit into the A2 trans. However, I think you may need a speed gear with it...I'm not entirely sure though.

Steve

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
what abuut in a ep3 si tranny?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i might try that one day ebrow but its hard for me to find a K20a tranny. Do any one know any other LSD seller's besides Cusco n Quaife?

·
Registered
274 Posts
just curious but will the jdm 4.7 ring gear fit or shall i say work with the type s trans with the jdm lsd???

·
Registered
919 Posts
look what matters is the gear you have on your vss, I know for a fact that the type s one is different thatn the ep3 one, you just need to make sure the speed gear on the lsd matches the one on your sensor. Replacing both the gear on the sensor and the lsd will set you back like $30. I did it and recommend you do as well if you have any doubts. Alternatively, if you have a bearing puller, you can try to pull whatever gear on your current diff and slap it onto the lsd... but its a pita and if you fuck it up (which is easy to so) you have to wait 3 days for acuraparts247.com to ship you new ones while your open trnny collects dust in your ex-wife's backyard.... just order new ones :D

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
sf-si-02 said:
look what matters is the gear you have on your vss, I know for a fact that the type s one is different thatn the ep3 one, you just need to make sure the speed gear on the lsd matches the one on your sensor. Replacing both the gear on the sensor and the lsd will set you back like $30. I did it and recommend you do as well if you have any doubts. Alternatively, if you have a bearing puller, you can try to pull whatever gear on your current diff and slap it onto the lsd... but its a pita and if you fuck it up (which is easy to so) you have to wait 3 days for acuraparts247.com to ship you new ones while your open trnny collects dust in your ex-wife's backyard.... just order new ones :D

why don't u stash it in her bed room?? :silly:
and tell her to lube the bearings :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts