Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V8KO said:
I know your working on the info...can you also put out specs on the k24 motor as well?
K20a2
Bore: 86mm
Stroke: 86mm
Deck height: 212mm
Rod length: 139mm
Intake Valve: 35.15mm
Exhaust Valve: 30.15mm
Compression Ratio: 11:1
Displacement: 1998cc
Power ([email protected]): [email protected]
Torque (ft/[email protected]): [email protected]

K24
Bore: 87mm
Stroke: 99mm
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Displacement: 2354cc
Power ([email protected]): [email protected]
Torque (ft/[email protected]): [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
nikos said:
V8KO said:
I know your working on the info...can you also put out specs on the k24 motor as well?
K20a2
Bore: 86mm
Stroke: 86mm
Deck height: 212mm
Rod length: 139mm
Intake Valve: 35.15mm
Exhaust Valve: 30.15mm
Compression Ratio: 11:1
Displacement: 1998cc
Power ([email protected]): [email protected]
Torque (ft/[email protected]): [email protected]

K24
Bore: 87mm
Stroke: 99mm
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Displacement: 2354cc
Power ([email protected]): [email protected]
Torque (ft/[email protected]): [email protected]
all that displacement!!!!! GOD makes my LS setup look like minse meat. i wish i had the cash man....all motor with k24 bottem with itr top.....hondata and id be set. some mild engine work and you'll be in the high 12's
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
vtecboy55 said:
are those numbers us or jdm spec? im kinda new 2 the k scence but i think its faboloso!
The JDM k24 5-10 TQ difference and no special emission system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
How about weight of the K20a?

I've read it's lighter than a H22, is it lighter than a B18?

Also, weight with tranny?

Thanks,

AutoWhiz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Re: How about weight of the K20a?

AutoWhiz said:
I've read it's lighter than a H22, is it lighter than a B18?

Also, weight with tranny?

Thanks,

AutoWhiz
It's lighter than the H22 definitly, from what I remember the k20a is 22lbs lighter than the b18. B16's are heavier and I think thats where the k24 ends up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
DO we know what the original injector size is (cc's)?

Was wondering how much boost we can add without changing them

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
I don't know stock cc.. But I have discussed alittle before and b/c the motor is kinda based off h series they will eat up some fuel.

One person on 6psi was at 90% duty cycle on 440's and at 7.5 psi it was at like 101% ... So need HUGE injectors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Thanks for the input...but pardon my ignorance..how can a solenoid be on over 100%?

Is this Star Trek..LOL :p

"Scotty, give me 110% on the warp drive"

Thanks Again,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
That helps a gives me more info on the K20 from nikos. but I need to know what is good mods for the motor and tranny we need to use.

Thanks for the info on the K20 specs nikos!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I've got a k20a from a CTR for my eg swap. All of the internal engine specs from the CTR vs. the ITR JDM k20a's look the same. Does anyone know why the CTR motor is rated at 215PS vs. the ITR 220PS? Is the loss all in the exhaust?

Also, does anyone know if the K motors are dated in some way like the B-series engines are? I'm just curious to find out what year my motor was made in.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
bkitr said:
I've got a k20a from a CTR for my eg swap. All of the internal engine specs from the CTR vs. the ITR JDM k20a's look the same. Does anyone know why the CTR motor is rated at 215PS vs. the ITR 220PS? Is the loss all in the exhaust?

Also, does anyone know if the K motors are dated in some way like the B-series engines are? I'm just curious to find out what year my motor was made in.

Thanks
apparently exh mani is diff and something to do with p/s. so itll be fine for the swap. yes they are dated. gotta look where I think it is on the end where tranny is on the head. cant recall with out looking. Ill make sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Yeah, the fact that it already has p/s removed and uses the small idler pulley has saved me some doe...

if you can find out where it's dated, that would be cool... i've looked all over, guess not good enough..

thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
337 Posts
bkitr said:
I've got a k20a from a CTR for my eg swap. All of the internal engine specs from the CTR vs. the ITR JDM k20a's look the same. Does anyone know why the CTR motor is rated at 215PS vs. the ITR 220PS? Is the loss all in the exhaust?

Also, does anyone know if the K motors are dated in some way like the B-series engines are? I'm just curious to find out what year my motor was made in.

Thanks
i've read on h-t atleast two or three times that it's the same motor and honda did that so the ITR didn't look stupid/satisfy people who bought the itr.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top