Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Rsx type s blew the motor at the track and came up with a good deal on a k20a type r motor--- bought it came with everything ecu harness and motor no tranny tho (DARN) put it all in switched the type s harness to the motor and type s vtec solenoid.... reason for solenoid switch is type s harness has two conectors type r one conector........... PROBLEM... runs fine with the Type s ecu i put the type r ecu in it starts bogs and dies---???? very irritating that i bought a type r engine just to run like a type s with cams!!! Heard something about ecu pinout being different the type s ecu is e1 for the fuel pump and the type r ecu is e 10 for the fuel pump if so how do i fix this have never tried messing with wires before on ECUs !!!! HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it makes no sense tho car runs fine with type s ecu i plug type r it sarts then dies like its getting no spark no fuel something----- I know someone has donw this swap did i get a dead ecu or is there some kind of wiring---

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on i know somone knows something--- Running Motor on Type s ecu no problem put the type r ecu in starts bogs dies

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
if you keep trying to start it with the PRC multiple times , will it still start and die , or not start at all? try grounding the fuel pump wire , im almost sure it has to be done to use it in usdm cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i start it right when i put the type r ecu after the type s ecu it starts runs for like 15 secs dies then it starts dies starts dies then eventually doesent start at all=------ whats this groun your talking about how do i go about doing that

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
thats what it is than no fuel. if you listen good , when you first turn the key to on , youl hear the fuel pump come on for 3 seconds and prime. you wont , lol.

the answer is already posted. unplug the E plug from the ecu , furthest one right with clips UP. looking at back of plug where wires enter it. counting left to right top to bottom. the very first wire top left is E1. unpin that from the plug by pulling the white bar on the underside of the plug down , only comes out very little. and place it in the E10 spot and snap the white piece in tight again.

PS. you need Kpro , lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kpro would be nice--- ill try that out tomorrow and see what happens all i know is that im pissed cause my k20a motor is running like a type s slightly modded this better make i diff otherwise its pointless to do this swap----- Also if you have a diagram on how to do this post it please im kinda scared to break something parts are expensive--is E10 the slot directly below E1 or opposite side

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sick ride------- But on the ECU what plug is it the one to the ecu right the one by itself or the grey plug which is to my right0-------- And what color is the wire for further verification---- dont want to mess stuff up----

1 - 11 of 11 Posts