Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone !

I'm new on here, here's my 1997 Type R replica.
I'm thinking about having new projects soon, if you are looking for this kind of build, you can inbox me (located in Canada).

Car was completely redone (interior&exterior) and converted as a Type R in 2012.

Mech specs :
K20A (Type R DC5)
DC5R 6sp Transmission
Clutch stage 1 (2019)
KPro
RDX 410 Injectors
Ktuned Cold Air Intake w/ Vstack
Fuel rail Pro Series
'92 Civic steering rack
RBC Intake
HASport Engine Mounts
Ktuned Throttle Body
IACV delete
B-series TPS conversion
DWFF 160 fuel filter
Aluminum full size rad
Ktuned aluminium adjustable shifter
Oil pan baffled Unit2Fab
Extra capacity oil filter w/ adapter plate
Freshly tuned by Synoptic Tuning

Exhaust:
Header Skunk2 Alpha
Custom line 2,5’’
Axle back custom Vibrant 3’’

Suspension:
Tein FlexZ Coilovers
ASR Front and rear Type R sway bars
ASR Subframe brace

Exterior:
Headlights JDM HID
DC2 TypeR
TypeR EDM Rear Bumper
Taillight TypeR UKDM
Front DC2 TypeR JDM
TypeR Yellow Pheonix Paint

Interior:
Nardi steering wheel
NRG hub
Seat : 1 Black Recaro DC2
Sunroof has been replaced with a slicktop
Powered windows are working

Wheels & Mags :
Hankook Rs4 225/45R15
Rays Gramlight 57CR 8x15

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,429 Posts
I'm new on here, here's my 1997 Type R replica.
Welcome to K20a.org @shannylady. That is an amazing built project car. Very nice. How do you like the Unit2Fab oil pan? They claim it has a G-force capability up to almost 2.0 g, which would be like a topdog oil pan regarding acceleration g-force.

I see the body was widened for the tires and axle width. Did you do it or your predecessor?

Seems the engine is tuned. Did you do it on the dyno or street?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you people ! To answer you @LotusElise , I honestly could not go over 2G with the tires I currently have, and it is pretty hard to measure the oil pan efficiency without a proper oil pressure gage (I currently have the OEM one). I didn't have any problems with it, it has been installed in prevention since it is a car built for track use.
About the body, the rear fenders has been lightly pulled to leave space for the tires. I bought the car that way.
The engine has been dyno tuned by Synoptic tuning here in Quebec (you can look it up on Google, it is well known here in the region).

@Ep3_fez yes, that's the main reason why I bought it. I always had a DC2 on my checklist, and a k20 one was a "Saint-Graal". I'm really happy about the car, it feels amazing. The only reason why I might sell it is because I have too many projects, unfortunately. Plus, the colour matches my FJ towrig !
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,429 Posts
I honestly could not go over 2G with the tires I currently have, and it is pretty hard to measure the oil pan efficiency without a proper oil pressure gage (I currently have the OEM one).
Are there any tires a DC2 can achieve it in bends? Even with the stock Lotus Elise it is not possible, you need some adaption on aerodynamics and suspension/tire friction. Maybe they have a validation measurement supplied with the oil pan?

The engine has been dyno tuned by Synoptic tuning here in Quebec
Thanks for the hint. Did you get a result graph which you want to share? I know Quebec from school lectures and from the news, as it quite frequently pops up because of the English-French- Quarrels there.

The only reason why I might sell it is because I have too many projects, unfortunately
Wow, sorry to read this. Any other Honda projects?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts