Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone set something up yet for a CAI ?? im thinking about building one or atelast going down to the local shops and looking at some diff modes that i might be able to piece together to make a cold air..

it looks like i just need a couple 90 degree angles and some straight piping.. anyone has pics or anything they have done?

·
Banned
320 Posts
In general i think long intake piping on high rpm high compression motors is a bad idea. Personally I was planning on running a short pipe with that velocity stack on the end (which company makes that again?) inside a fabbed airbox pulling cold air from somewhere. Probably the bumper below the headlight. Use a NACA duct. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
929 Posts
yeah its no biggie.

I have the proto type racing velocity stack with filter.

They dont tell you im sure unless you ask that's all you get.

So this means you will have to have someone the can weld aluminum. You can get other intakes and piece one together and put it where you like.

I used a 3" 45 and ran straight behind the headlight. I dont want to take any chances with water. You do have plenty of room to run under the frame or straight down to do a CAI.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
909edge said:
In general i think long intake piping on high rpm high compression motors is a bad idea. Personally I was planning on running a short pipe with that velocity stack on the end (which company makes that again?) inside a fabbed airbox pulling cold air from somewhere. Probably the bumper below the headlight. Use a NACA duct. Just my 2 cents.
the thing i hate about the short rams on these swaps is tht fact that in my case.. its right behind the radiator so my fan is pulling hot air onto my intake.. and also that its on top of the tranny..

i just want to drop it down low.. ill see what i can come up with

·
Banned
320 Posts
eternalek said:
909edge said:
the thing i hate about the short rams on these swaps is tht fact that in my case.. its right behind the radiator so my fan is pulling hot air onto my intake.. and also that its on top of the tranny..

i just want to drop it down low.. ill see what i can come up with
What I meant is to fabricate a square airbox to enclose the filter on the end of the short ram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts