Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys currently i am looking for a k24a bottom block...has anyone here has done it or knows someone that done it b4..need info urgently as i am goin to do a transplant soon...izzit possible..??i am currenty drivin a la-dc5 type-r
thankz!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Block

I am looking for the block as well as info about the swap. Currently i am running on a k20a Type-R JDM orginal specs..wanna do a upgrade...
I hav already got my toda cams,valves,retainers,motec m800,clutch..and so on. I do not want to use a k20a but instead i want to use the k24a as it has a bigger bore and displacement. So is it a right choice to do so.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Block

d3viL666 said:
I am looking for the block as well as info about the swap. Currently i am running on a k20a Type-R JDM orginal specs..wanna do a upgrade...
I hav already got my toda cams,valves,retainers,motec m800,clutch..and so on. I do not want to use a k20a but instead i want to use the k24a as it has a bigger bore and displacement. So is it a right choice to do so.

Thanks!
hek yea its a right choice to do so. thats the new crv vtec or ls vtec man. shit will haul all motor style. then slap on some hondata to tune it good and u got some good power to the wheels. i wish i was still getting a good deal on my k20a swap but no more..... :cry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
the k24 blok have a stroke of 99mm as the k20 just have 86mm, if you put a k20 head on it and want to go 8000 rpm....good luck :wink:

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
racerus said:
Try to find the k24 TSX block it has the higher comp.
..Get your facts straight.
You can't call it an LS VTEC, its already VTEC.

The CR-V block and the TSX block is the same.
The different Compression ratio is from the pistons of the TSX.

Devil 666 you don't mean bottom block you mean bottom end.

You can't swap k24 crank and bearings into the k20's.

Lude22VTI someone has been there and done that. I am going to take it to the next level.

·
Registered
61 Posts
C-Zero said:
racerus said:
Try to find the k24 TSX block it has the higher comp.
..Get your facts straight.
You can't call it an LS VTEC, its already VTEC.

The CR-V block and the TSX block is the same.
The different Compression ratio is from the pistons of the TSX.

Devil 666 you don't mean bottom block you mean bottom end.

You can't swap k24 crank and bearings into the k20's.

Lude22VTI someone has been there and done that. I am going to take it to the next level.

What are you talking about I never said anything about it's an LS VTEC.I thought he wanted a complete bottom end with the piston and everything.So get your facts straight.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
racerus said:
What are you talking about I never said anything about it's an LS VTEC.I thought he wanted a complete bottom end with the piston and everything.So get your facts straight.
Why don't you read the whole thread. Just because your name is quoted don't mean I'm talking to you, B.T.W. getting the TSX k24a2 block wouldn't change the compression the pistons would.

·
Registered
61 Posts
C-Zero said:
racerus said:
Why don't you read the whole thread. Just because your name is quoted don't mean I'm talking to you, B.T.W. getting the TSX k24a2 block wouldn't change the compression the pistons would.
Yes I know that the pistons changes the compression ratio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts