Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

K20 VS B18 ACTION PACKED!

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  JETLAGRACING 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Double Wishbone owns Macphearson strut setup.
This is a race i would like to see:
DC2R stock
vs.
DC2R K20A
Everything stock on both engines.
Since the K20A needs a custom Intake and exhaust to work properly in the DC2 chassis, we could give the B18C5 equipped car an intake and exhust as well.
That will really show the differences in the way things have progressed engine wise.
-Jalal

#6 ·
Never really been impressed with the RSX R as a car. I like the motor but it seems the new Civic R does better. I do miss the double wishbone setup in my old R but I think my Si will do just fine on the road course once I get her all setup.

#7 ·
NemesisSi said:
Never really been impressed with the RSX R as a car. I like the motor but it seems the new Civic R does better. I do miss the double wishbone setup in my old R but I think my Si will do just fine on the road course once I get her all setup.

Your SI is looks nice but its still heavy and heavy car can't handle like lighter cars ( old civic and integra) in the turns.

Hey don't look at me funny its the truth!

#8 ·
C-Zero said:
NemesisSi said:

Your SI is looks nice but its still heavy and heavy car can't handle like lighter cars ( old civic and integra) in the turns.

Hey don't look at me funny its the truth!
Hate to tell you but my Si is lighter than my R. My R weighed over 2600lbs my Si weighs around 2550. And Im putting down 20 more hp and 14 ft/lbs more torque than my R too.

#10 ·
Curb weight on my R was near the 98 R spec of 2595, have the specs from Acura in my hand. Honda weighs the Si in around 2700 but GrassRoots Motorsports weighed in their Si dry at 2615. Im taking the higher weight so people wont get mad when I tell them my car only weighs less than 2500.

I will try to post some pics of my weight reduction.

#14 ·
Heres a pic of my car with my old rims. My new ones are on backorder as well as my D2 Racing coilovers. I just have an Eibach pro-kit on stock shocks for right now with strut bars, x-brace and rear swaybar upgrade.

Other mods: K20A2 and tranny, Magnaflow exhaust, Magnaflow highflow cat and AEM V2. SPW HIDs and a custom grounding kit.

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/98/CB/28179096-c640-01800100-.jpg

#16 ·
NemesisSi said:
Heres a pic of my car with my old rims. My new ones are on backorder as well as my D2 Racing coilovers. I just have an Eibach pro-kit on stock shocks for right now with strut bars, x-brace and rear swaybar upgrade.

Other mods: Magnaflow exhaust, Magnaflow highflow cat and AEM V2. SPW HIDs and a custom grounding kit.

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/98/CB/28179096-c640-01800100-.jpg
Looks good. Thanks

#21 ·
ahhhhhhhhhhhh....ive been looking for these vids for the longest to add to my collection...remeber that these vids wher edone b4 all the tuning of the k20..in other words when it first came out...i would like to see this the dc2r vs the dc5r now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.