Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
seemed like you smoked the competition. Seemed like on the corners your entrance speed was slow..but damn, your exit speed was fast as fuck. Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haolerot said:
seemed like you smoked the competition. Seemed like on the corners your entrance speed was slow..but damn, your exit speed was fast as fuck. Keep up the good work!!

i was the lead car....tell me why i needed to have a fast entrance speed?

i did want to keep the lead
i did not want to go off track because of pushing corners....there was no need to push if i'm out in front right??

·
Registered
146 Posts
chad said:
i was the lead car....tell me why i needed to have a fast entrance speed?

i did want to keep the lead
i did not want to go off track because of pushing corners....there was no need to push if i'm out in front right??
i didn't know you were in the lead :p my BAD!!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
chad said:
dynapac dyno
198.8 hp
138.5 tq
what exactly was the setup?

I was going to ask you if there was anybody in front of you... Good Job, by the looks of the camera placement seems like you were planning on being in the front the whole time, even though that Yellow car kept up pretty good. :up:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jon v said:
what exactly was the setup?

I was going to ask you if there was anybody in front of you... Good Job, by the looks of the camera placement seems like you were planning on being in the front the whole time, even though that Yellow car kept up pretty good. :up:

setup
2000 civic si
2004 k20a itr less than 5000km
rcrew header
kpro
hasport mounts wireharness
Spec One Shifter
driveshaft shop axels

i was not pushing my car at ALL!!! there was no reason too....i was in front....

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
chad said:
setup
2000 civic si
2004 k20a itr less than 5000km
rcrew header
kpro
hasport mounts wireharness
Spec One Shifter
driveshaft shop axels

i was not pushing my car at ALL!!! there was no reason too....i was in front....
:up: , Intake, exhaust ?

Stock flywheel and clutch?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
intake....just a cold air 3inch aem....pokingout drivers headlight
exhaust...basically a hacked up t1r bpipe....just the resonator part...2.5 inch

posting video of whole race over on www.honda-tech.com road race forum if anyone is interested.

clutch flywheel exedy product

·
Registered
23 Posts
chad-
what are you revving to? the video looks like a pretty good answer to the "k-series can't be h1 competitive with stock rods" argument.

·
Registered
537 Posts
rsca_crx said:
chad-
what are you revving to? the video looks like a pretty good answer to the "k-series can't be h1 competitive with stock rods" argument.
Im gonna guess 9k from looking at his dyno video.

Chad great job! :driving: Now you just have to work at your movie making skills. :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hybrid racing said:
Sounds good!

hey will....i have some contingency money coming my way!!!! woot....like 100 bucks....a 1st and a 2nd place plus 50 for hybrid products!!!

wooott

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
chad said:
hey will....i have some contingency money coming my way!!!! woot....like 100 bucks....a 1st and a 2nd place plus 50 for hybrid products!!!

wooott
Sounds like somebody may have a little sponcership deal going on?

So I saw your post in Nikos K24a2 sale thread. You planning on upping the displacement? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jon v said:
Sounds like somebody may have a little sponcership deal going on?

So I saw your post in Nikos K24a2 sale thread. You planning on upping the displacement? :rolleyes:

i would love to but don't want to change my final drive!!!! don't think the k24 would do well with the 5.01.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts