Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think a Stock K20 Type S in a EK civic coupe would run in the quarter mile? If you had a choice between a JDM 98 Spec B18C-R and a K20 Type S, what would you choose? I just want to know YOUR opinions in making my final choice......

·
Registered
363 Posts
k20pRoject said:
What do you think a Stock K20 Type S in a EK civic coupe would run in the quarter mile? If you had a choice between a JDM 98 Spec B18C-R and a K20 Type S, what would you choose? I just want to know YOUR opinions in making my final choice......
Type-r Rev 500-700 rpm more of the type-s,if you have the money to make an good jobe to swap the type-s go for it, they are cheap for the price of they vendors ask and its more new than a type-r. type-r coming old

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
nikos said:
I just don;t think people that buy them for $5000 these days are making smart decisions.
And that's putting it mildly. Look....look at the facts and prices. B18C-R, people are STILL paying $5000 for it!!!! When a Type-S is going for $3000 and making way more power STOCK! Like nikos said you just need k-pro,type-r ecu or reflash but you are STILL saving $1-1500 dollars!!! You can't beat that.

Research,research,research. Ask questions! That's what we are here for. Now I don't have a K-swap YET(REAL SOON!!) But one of my friends have one. And TRUST me get the type-S swap!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I would def. go with the type s motor its def. worth the money and has alot more potential.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I could find a Type S motor for $3000, I would jump on that. But problem is, I dont know where to find the complete swap at. I'm located in California BTW. You think a Type S swap in a coupe would make me go 13s in the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
805 Posts
k20pRoject said:
If I could find a Type S motor for $3000, I would jump on that. But problem is, I dont know where to find the complete swap at. I'm located in California BTW. You think a Type S swap in a coupe would make me go 13s in the 1/4 mile?

yes, with a bad driver, bald tires, and a friend in the car.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
i was talking to one of my buddys that own a usdm 98 itr, and we talked about why people still buy the b18c-r

number one reason: ease of installation
--no need for extra fab (compared to k-series swap)
--something they know already...

K > B =)

·
Registered
529 Posts
ok heres the deal you wanna go fast???? of course you do get the k and don't think twice. it is just a better platform to build on the engineers at honda are not stupid the bseries is a great motor but it was replaced for a reason. ultimately as you stated its your decision and only you know what your budget is but if i was you i would say fuck it and get the k

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn this thread is still here...LOL...its been a year...LOL. But to get to the point...i did get a K20-r and i couldnt be happier...still on stock ecu but will get K-pro in the near future...

·
Registered
22 Posts
k without a doubt unless you can find a real good deal on the B. The B is a much easier swap to do, but the k just has a lot more potential.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.