Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am the owner of an EP3 Type R. The car has a stock gearbox and stock clutch (car already has big brakes and a wavetrack lsd)

I have made a sponsorship deal with a Honda parts company. They have agreed on sponsoring me 10.000 euro worth of parts.
I want to have a car with usable power, this means around 450 bhp and boost by gear. I don't want a wheelspin monster ( 17x 8 inch tires with toyo R888)

The engine also needs to remain reliable and should be able to withstand minor track use ( 9 minutes nurburgring lap).
Would love to know what parts you would use for this build:

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sleeved block, 89mm bore, Inconel exhaust valves, Fuildampr crank pulley, suitable cams, 10:1 CR forged pistons, steel rods, GT30 sized twin scroll turbo and manifold, 3" exhaust system, GearX or MFactory gear set, suitable clutch, Motec ECU with traction control. I fear 10k won't be enough for the above. :)
I'd not daily R888. They need serious heat to work on the road, in a FWD car especially at the rear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sleeved block, 89mm bore, Inconel exhaust valves, Fuildampr crank pulley, suitable cams, 10:1 CR forged pistons, steel rods, GT30 sized twin scroll turbo and manifold, 3" exhaust system, GearX or MFactory gear set, suitable clutch, Motec ECU with traction control. I fear 10k won't be enough for the above. :)
I'd not daily R888. They need serious heat to work on the road, in a FWD car especially at the rear.
I daily my car so that is a good tip! How much hours of labour would be involved in building this? Also what tuners do you recommend in Europe (or Germany because that is quite close)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have little experience with tuners except some special parts like head work, block boring or CNC intake manifold porting.
The rest I do myself. Assembling the engines, part selection, mapping, in and out of the car, etc.

You should post your question into the forced induction section. This is the all motor aka naturally aspirated section :)

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,749 Posts
...EP3 Type R...a wavetrack lsd...on sponsoring me 10.000 euro worth of parts...around 450 bhp and boost by gear...remain reliable and...track use...Would love to know what parts you would use for this build
I would keep it simple.
Engine:
  • CP forged X-series pistons with 10.5:1 or 11:1
  • the stock rods are sufficient for 450 hp, but if it is only a part sponsorship, put in Arrow connecting rods
  • rehone to 86.5 mm
  • renew every bearing with OEM stuff
  • new chains for valvetrain and oil pump
  • stock head, stock valves, stock cams
  • clutch upgrade to at least 500 Nm
Alternation of load:
  • Turbo: BorgWarner Airwerks SX-E series, this series is one of the best on the market with plain bearings but with the aerodynamics of the BorgWarner EFR series, which is top dog level in efficiency and response
  • go to an good manifold builder and let you weld an nice header manifold or buy one of the aftermarket manifolds
  • Stock TB, stock Intake Manifold
  • Look for a very good and as big as possible air-to-air cooler and a Water-Methanol-induction kit (for low speed tracks if you do this kind of racing)
  • pressure actuated wastegate to control boost via an electronic valve connected to MAP
Engine Control:
e.g. Infinity 506 from AEM or Race from MaxxECU...no Hondata or Doctronic if you want to have a precise engine management.

Gearbox:
upgrade the gear wheels to at least 500 Nm engine torque. PPG, GearX and so on

Tuning and engine setup design work:
PM me for more information

Move your thread to Forced Induction and Nitrous K series discussion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts