Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to do a top mount setup whenever i turbo my k series in my crx actually hoping to do a setup like the rsr s2000 sort of like this

http://www.simplegraphix.com/s2k images/vmount.jpg

http://www.modified.com/media/images/13-410117/gal/DSC_6026.jpg

does anyone know if any company offers the top mount for the k series also lookin for more information on the ratiator i do believe that i could use a regular radiator as long as i use a seperate can like on pacmans k20crx

Thanks for any info
Robert

·
Banned
320 Posts
that's actually called a V-mount, and you are gonna need to have a setup like that custom-fabricated since the stock radiator supports will need to be modified/replaced. you should do it though it would be sick...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking about a C&R half sized double coe radiatir and i will make the bracket myself i am just wondering about the intercooler I do not know of anyone that makes one except for the s2k i need one for the crx.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not to be a kill joy but do you really think there is enough room in the front of the CRX to do that? Just asking

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
JOHN said:
Not to be a kill joy but do you really think there is enough room in the front of the CRX to do that? Just asking

Ture..They are not enough room to do somthing like that...

You can put one on top of the tranny..I seen it but the heat it's just going to kill everthing...

·
Banned
70 Posts
The whole idea behind V-mounted intercooler/radiators is that you would run a recessed scoop in the hood. By doing this the air going into the V is then "sucked" out by the increase pressure flowing over the hood of the car. Couple of issues if you wanted to do this on a CRX w/ a K20 swap (assuming the hood is cut for IM)

#1 Space, it's probibly not going to work anyway

#2 flow, having something sticking OUT of the top of the hood doesn't promote very good aerodynamic flow, and is going to result in the whole idea not working or working very poorly.

If you want to have fun w/ more efficient ways of intercooling try an "AC"ed water to air intercooler setup, or even a vert. FMIC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
joestypes said:
The whole idea behind V-mounted intercooler/radiators is that you would run a recessed scoop in the hood. By doing this the air going into the V is then "sucked" out by the increase pressure flowing over the hood of the car. Couple of issues if you wanted to do this on a CRX w/ a K20 swap (assuming the hood is cut for IM)

#1 Space, it's probibly not going to work anyway

#2 flow, having something sticking OUT of the top of the hood doesn't promote very good aerodynamic flow, and is going to result in the whole idea not working or working very poorly.

If you want to have fun w/ more efficient ways of intercooling try an "AC"ed water to air intercooler setup, or even a vert. FMIC.

True that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.