Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little bit of help. Have a k20z1 and looking to swap to a k20a motor instead what’s diff in motor will I need to swap anything looking for any advice on this will be a lot of help

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am assuming the K20a from the Type R? If so, the engine is 99% the same as the Z1 you currently have. Minor differences being the crank pulley diameter and a small difference in centerline on the intake cam.
I don't think that swap makes sense but its my opinon. The Type R transmission however, is better.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,943 Posts
Looking for a little bit of help. Have a k20z1 and looking to swap to a k20a motor instead what’s diff in motor will I need to swap anything looking for any advice on this will be a lot of help
You may find some differences of both here: What is the difference between k20a2 block and k20z1?

I also wouldn't sell the K20Z1, it is a very nice K-series engine, like DaSlowestCL9 recommended. The LSD from the ITR you can also have from a K20Z3 gearbox (gearbox code PNN4 and PNN3) or just swap a Z3 gearbox in your engine bay. The IM of the K20A is something worth it, buy a RBC or the RRC for your Z1 engine, this would be a nice upgrade. It isn't recommendable to pay those sky shooting prices for a K20A engine, it's not worth the money if you not seeking for a specific JDM aggregate for your enginebay just for JDM reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts