Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to get my car on the road and really only thing i am missing is a o2 sensor and what i need to know know is if i am missing a primary o2 sensor will it cause the ecu to go into limp mode my check engine light is on and when i rev the engine it doesnt go pass 3k rpm so i know it is in limp mode i just want to know is the primary o2 enuff to throw the ecu in limp mode and another thing is i have to get my car inspected to and i have rcrew's wirring harness and the only plug on it is for the primary o2 their is not one for secondary o2 and inorder for me to pass inspection my check engine light needs to be off so if some one could help me with that to thank you.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
yes, yes, yes. primary o2 required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
primary is definitely required for closed-loop fuel system operation and without the secondary o2 sensor the catalytic converter readiness will never get set and you will get also get DTCs for the secondary o2 sensor keeping the check engine light on.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okso i need the primary o2 and dont need the second but i need the secondary to turn the check engine light off does any one know a wiring diagram that will show me the points the second o2 goes to cause i have a rcrew harness and it only has one o2 plug and that is for the primary

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
If you are running a Kpro you can disregard the secondary and disable it in the software.

If you are running a Type R ECU you will need to hook up the secondary to remove the light.

The Hybrid Racing Harness comes prewired for both if you wanted a plug and play solution.

:up:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dang shoulda got yalls ^ ok got another question when i get kpro will this alow me to pass inspection in n.c. all they do is hook the dlc connector to the port on the car and read if their is any codes if i go in kpro and turn all the codes off will this allow me to pass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts