Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ill have about 8k just in motor install kit and pieces and parts. no labor costs.

·
Registered
537 Posts
k24/k20 swap...internals and new clutch. Aem ems plus tuning, ladder bars, custom header, few tricks thrown in for good measure...around 8500.00.

Funny thing is I feel good about it. :D

I was going to put a jrsc and hondata (plus all the misc goodies) plus tuning on my itr engine. Once we figured how much we would have in the engine...plus the engine cost the k series seemed to be a shoe-in price wise.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
V8KO said:
k24/k20 swap...internals and new clutch. Aem ems plus tuning, ladder bars, custom header, few tricks thrown in for good measure...around 8500.00.
No AEM EMS yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
No AEM EMS yet.[/quote]

Well were doing a complete rewire. But yeah I just read that today on h-t Could you shed some more light on this?

Will it be a direct plug in to the existing wiring?

Am I wrong in assuming we can wire in the aem ems system?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
V8KO said:
No AEM EMS yet.

Well were doing a complete rewire. But yeah I just read that today on h-t Could you shed some more light on this?

Will it be a direct plug in to the existing wiring?

Am I wrong in assuming we can wire in the aem ems system?

Thanks.
If the EMS for the Type-S is going to be release I will be the first one to know about it.

Unless your talking about the EMS RACE version which has no base maps = nothing on it.

The EMS for specific applications are plug n play no wiring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NE body know how much in custom parts all needed like(mounts,header,reprog ecu and cluster....etc etc) will add up too?...havent had the chance to add it all up ...but im heading to a junkyard that got a mashed up rsx-s ...maybe i'll go yank the engine out. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
cr00klyn718 said:
NE body know how much in custom parts all needed like(mounts,header,reprog ecu and cluster....etc etc) will add up too?...havent had the chance to add it all up ...but im heading to a junkyard that got a mashed up rsx-s ...maybe i'll go yank the engine out. :twisted:
Go look at the sticky.

·
Registered
59 Posts
cr00klyn718 said:
http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90&start=0

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
12Race said:
what is all need i jst got motor and trans i just need to know what else i need thanks
For what car?

You will need a ECU, a harness, axles (GSR or RSX), shifter cables, shifter box, and other stuff that come in k20eg's kit ...

Mount kit * 500
Header 4-1 equal length 700 *Stainless steel avail*
pnp harness 350
SS fuel lines Guage incl 140
clutch lines 60
Str fuel rail 180

That's all, I think

·
Registered
4 Posts
nikos said:
12Race said:
what is all need i jst got motor and trans i just need to know what else i need thanks
For what car?

You will need a ECU, a harness, axles (GSR or RSX), shifter cables, shifter box, and other stuff that come in k20eg's kit ...

Mount kit * 500
Header 4-1 equal length 700 *Stainless steel avail*
pnp harness 350
SS fuel lines Guage incl 140
clutch lines 60
Str fuel rail 180

it for a 96ex i have a tec2 do you know anyone running a tec2 on a k series and if so how do they make the crank pully

·
Banned
70 Posts
Here's my breakdown of what it cost me:

1 K20A Engine swap - $4800
1 RSX-S Revo Shifter - $110
1 RSX-S Throttle Cable - $21.50
2 Shifter Clips - $4.24
1 Fuel Pressure Regulator - $131 (160 overnighted)
1 Mount Kit - $500
1 Axles Set from Driveshaft shop - $300
1 PnP Harness - $350
1 Set Clutch Lines - $60
1 Fuel Kit (Line, Guage Fittings) - $140
1 STR Fuel Rail - $180
3 Extra Fuel Fittings - $61.50
1 RSX-S Wideband O2 - $192
1 TSX Header - $365

Grand Total: $7215.24......so far.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts