Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i gotta 94 si hatch with 96 spec itr swap... shit load of other crap... susp. is tein re on 96 spec itr hubs and wheels... i am contiplating on sellin my whole car except for susp stuff and my heads up disply and getting an EK and doing a jdm k20 swap or just sellin my b18c and doing swap in EG

1 ne one know FOR SURE difference in weight between 94 si and a 96 dx hatch (i did convert my hatch to non-abs, so 92-93 si wieght is more applicable) im just kinda curious

2 what is this crap about fuel return system and no fuel reg.?

3 this is going to be a track car... and im not quite sure what this PnP system stuff is.... but if i dont NEED it and its only for my oem gauges then i would like to pass on it for the simple fact i love my DEFI and a few other gauges

4 i read on some site that jdm ecu does not have the security issues like the usdm ecu does and therefore i dont need k pro to get motor running. is this true?

5 wondering if i chose to keep the oem header.. about how car back would i need to cut fire wall to build a channel for the pipeing.. or would this be really imposible and or ugly (as in channeld out all the way back to shifter mounting point )

im brand new to this sight but definetly not new to this sport, i do ALL my own work and take much pride in it. i woul MUCH appreciate any help and PLEASE dont give me a link to some random website where i have to search and search for this information becuase ive already been doing this and obviously am tired of it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
JDM_HOUSE said:
2 what is this crap about fuel return system and no fuel reg.?
The rsx/ep chassis do not use fuel return systems...the regulator is built into the fuel pump.Hooking up the fuel system to work with the older return style systems is fairly easy.You can go with an aftermarket universal 2 in, 1 out style regulator (I use aeromotive) and buy a few fittings and line,or go with an aftermarket fuel rail and a normal style regulator that bolts to the rail.

3 this is going to be a track car... and im not quite sure what this PnP system stuff is.... but if i dont NEED it and its only for my oem gauges then i would like to pass on it for the simple fact i love my DEFI and a few other gauges
The Plug and play harnesses are not just for the gauge cluster,it also provides power and ground for the ecu and engine sensors.

4 i read on some site that jdm ecu does not have the security issues like the usdm ecu does and therefore i dont need k pro to get motor running. is this true?
The JDM PRC ecu does have an immobilizer,but it can be bypassed,unlike the prb type s ecu.You do not need a K-pro,but for $500 for than a type r ecu,youll have a fully programmable ecu...btw,the jdm ecu has a 115mph built in speed limit cut.

5 wondering if i chose to keep the oem header.. about how car back would i need to cut fire wall to build a channel for the pipeing.. or would this be really imposible and or ugly (as in channeld out all the way back to shifter mounting point )
The oem style type r or S header cannot be used with the factory style exhaust system of the older model integras and civis,and I would not recommend cutting the firewall just to use it.The oe exhaust manifold points directly at the rear crossmember and there isnt room to build any sort of downpipe for it,as the bend would have to be too severe to clear the x-member.

im brand new to this sight but definetly not new to this sport, i do ALL my own work and take much pride in it. i woul MUCH appreciate any help and PLEASE dont give me a link to some random website where i have to search and search for this information becuase ive already been doing this and obviously am tired of it.
This site is all that you should need for K swaps.Most info available has been posted before...if it has not,or you are having trouble finding what youre looking for,feel free to post a thread about it.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx a whole lot..... but one more ecu question... u say its bipassable.... how? i will eventualy get k-pro but i really wanted to avoid it to intialy get the car started up and running. and does ne one know of a place to get a better deal than what steve at hmo is offering me? he told me 6850 shipped for jdm k20 hasport mounts axles and PnP wireing conv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.