19 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Whoa K24?
Very brave

If 24, why not a ‘bigger’ cam tho?
Cartel 4 perhaps

Your build is new? Still running in?

New tensioner...stock? Or aftermarket?

Stock tensioners don’t have a good history with s2 cams....

·
Registered
13 Posts
hmm stage 2 more for street drive i thought?
yeah new built, just run in finish. Tensioner is hybrid racing.
the car is very torquey and i had to use wider tyres 255 to avoid spinning.

Whoa K24?
Very brave

If 24, why not a ‘bigger’ cam tho?
Cartel 4 perhaps

Your build is new? Still running in?

New tensioner...stock? Or aftermarket?

Stock tensioners don’t have a good history with s2 cams....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice!

Stock lsd? Or upgraded?
Who will be tuning your car?

Maybe once you’re done can post up your build and dyno!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,758 Posts
...honestly the car feels great just before vtec and just after, like 4k to 6k+...the top end feels... meh...in for your opinion LotusElise...
Thanks for the log awhk! Having the calibration, would be better. Anyway, here is my analysis of the log:

Idle:
  • likely too much ignition timing as idle oszillates between a 14° bandwidth
  • TB also increases leakage to hold engine speed
  • idle tune is not optimal
Operation:
  • WOT ignition timing is at 30° BTDC, which is for IAT of 40 °C pretty much in a higher humidity environment
  • knock is pinging all the way long through the log, in 7 min. with 80 % of time in part load or idle 30 knock counts is way too much. He did also surpress the Honda Anti-Knock-Strategy, this is harmful to the engine! I would call on the tuner to release you the tune to make it safe again or he is responsible for any damage to the engine!
  • VTC is way not optimal for a stock exhaust setup with a TODA A3, you can see it in the inj. duration in LS cam, once it get retarded inj. duration increases and lambda goes up. This means VE goes up. Same for HS cam. It likely need early to retard...31° VTC at 8000 rpm makes with almost any NA setup no sense, especially if you have a bigger restriction in the exhaust path.
  • Lambda tuning in WOT isn't that smooth and accurate, especially tip in tuning is off, you see a lot of knocking there
The tune of the calibration misses a bit of competence of the tuner, it is harmful to the engine and questionable in the VE tuning, as well as in the ignition timing tuning. I would call the tuner to revise the tune because of the above mentioned observations or to unlock the calibration. Anyway you paid for it, it is your property, he isn't allowed to lock it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
LotusElise, hope to tap on your knowledge.
i have just installed the ktuned 72mm throttlebody in the setup with skunk2 ultra street manifold, and there is idle hunting issue, i.e., at any gear, i step on clutch at rpm above 2krpm, the rpms drop and bounces between 700 to 2000rpm for a few times before it settles at idling of around 900. Any idea what causes this?
it was ok before these addition.
thanks

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,758 Posts
LotusElise, hope to tap on your knowledge.
i have just installed the ktuned 72mm throttlebody in the setup with skunk2 ultra street manifold, and there is idle hunting issue, i.e., at any gear, i step on clutch at rpm above 2krpm, the rpms drop and bounces between 700 to 2000rpm for a few times before it settles at idling of around 900. Any idea what causes this?
it was ok before these addition.
thanks
This can happen when idle closed loop parameters overstretch the controller algorithmn, which is likely when changing intake system. Send me logs and calib...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts