Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Most of the people sleeve the block. I really don't know what the stock sleeves woould be able to hold.... but there is so much money involved in built motors that the cost of custom sleeves by Golden eagle, darton or whoever else in not that bad.

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Yea its def. possible. It all comes down to the tuning. Im sure that run wasnt on pump gas and was just tuned to be ran on race gas.

But to my next point, has anyone tried using forged pistons on the stock sleeved?

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Ok I researched it.

THEY ARE NOT MMC. The accord the article is talking about was the Euro Accord type r with the h22a.

In the USA, there are companies that offer aftermarket pistons for the K series engines but not the S2000 engines... Therefore,

S2000 = MMC

K series = Iron

:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Scuffers said:
import_trung said:
BolivianFuego said:
What are k20 stock sleeves made from?
iron
err - no...

the 'stock' liners are NOT iron, they are MMC

http://www.saffil.com/pdfs/automotive/data/mmcprop.pdf

and good luck if you can find somebody that can machine them, they are hard as nails, hence why people pull them out and replace them with iron (read much cheaper/easier)
the f series are mmc. (s2000) and so are the h series. the k are iron.

ive pulled apart a h22 and a k20, they dont look the same, (that plasticy looking liner in the mmc engines)

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Scuffers said:
OK, I am 99% sure they are MMC, but looks like I will have to pull one appart and check....
Simon,

don't waste your time :p

They are for sure iron. I am 100% convinced.

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
import_trung said:
Scuffers said:
import_trung said:
BolivianFuego said:
What are k20 stock sleeves made from?
iron
err - no...

the 'stock' liners are NOT iron, they are MMC

http://www.saffil.com/pdfs/automotive/data/mmcprop.pdf

and good luck if you can find somebody that can machine them, they are hard as nails, hence why people pull them out and replace them with iron (read much cheaper/easier)
the f series are mmc. (s2000) and so are the h series. the k are iron.

ive pulled apart a h22 and a k20, they dont look the same, (that plasticy looking liner in the mmc engines)
Actually i believe the S2k and Accord F20 motor(destroked h22) Share the same Sleeves. But here in the USA And in every h22 they have FRM sleeves.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Kedimoto said:
whats the max bore on the stock sleeves?

any companies like darton, etc.. making sleeve kits for the k24 and k20?
90mm, anymore the pistons will hit each other.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
On the K-20 block the stock bore is 86 mm and Honda Factory says .5 mm over but we wont go more than 1.0 mm over. (87mm) On the K-24 block the stock bore is 87 mm and Honda Factory says the same that .5 mm over but we also go 1.0 mm over on them as well.(88mm)

The stock sleeves are iron and Darton has MID sleeve kits for the K-20 and is making the K-24 MID kit for us as we speak. We have already sleeved the K-20 with the MID and our Superdeck 1 system and we are also sleeving the K-24 with our Superdeck 1 system. I will post pics later or you can check it online @www.erlperformance.com.

We can sleeve your K-series motor or we can sell you one of ours out-right or do like a K-24(brand new) off of our shelf with a K-20 core exchange. 1-800-831-9510

1 - 20 of 21 Posts