Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
dragonxking said:
Lets say you drop a k20a into an EK, do you sacrafice air conditioning or power steering?? If so, is there any way to keep it (instructions plz) ?
I can't wait to get all my misc stuff for my swap (k20a2 in an ek). To make it easy yes you will loss a\c and power steering, But you can also keep your power steering and a\c. It just envolves relocating condensor, dryer, make custom lines, more time and money. Oh on the power steering its gonna stick out past the hood, so you will have to cut a hole in the hood or get a custom hood. I will also have my a\c and power steering, tell you that much.

·
Registered
99 Posts
vuaccordla said:
dragonxking said:
Oh on the power steering its gonna stick out past the hood, so you will have to cut a hole in the hood or get a custom hood. I will also have my a\c and power steering, tell you that much.
NOT 100% correct - if you remove part of the skeleton of the hood & get custom hydraulic lines made & reroute them you can get it to fit

see here http://prima-racing.com/content/view/22/2/ you may notice the car has an aftermarket hood but the owner fit a stock hood (with gutted skeleton) & that fit too

·
Registered
458 Posts
adirondackR said:
vuaccordla said:
dragonxking said:
Oh on the power steering its gonna stick out past the hood, so you will have to cut a hole in the hood or get a custom hood. I will also have my a\c and power steering, tell you that much.
NOT 100% correct - if you remove part of the skeleton of the hood & get custom hydraulic lines made & reroute them you can get it to fit

see here http://prima-racing.com/content/view/22/2/ you may notice the car has an aftermarket hood but the owner fit a stock hood (with gutted skeleton) & that fit too
That sound even better, i guess the carbon hood should fit just fine then.
thanks for the info, adirondackR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.