Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, like the title says, I need help on my build.

I have a 1972 Celica that my friend and I are building to be a weekend warrior/ track car/drift car. I've been looking at motor swap choices for this car...the problem is that my main concern is keeping the car light and nimble and not destroying the weight distribution.

I have a very good mechanical background, however like I said- this is my first honda motor. My plans are a k20a or a k20a2 with an ap1 s2k trans. My friend works at a machine shop and can make the transmission adapter. In addition, the car will have an s14 front end and 300zx independent rear.

With the k20, I do not know which engine management system to use- kpro or aem ems. The launch control sounds like it'd be fun. I'm not afraid of running either, as im going to get someone to tune it for me. I will be keeping the motor n/a (at least for a while). I plan on stage 2 or 3 cams, itbs, different valve springs and retainers, maybe like somewhere around 400cc injectors, and a good flowing exhaust to begin with.

Also, if anyone could help with this- which rear end should gearing should I go with for my setup? (still considering I'm using the s2k trans) 4.08? Or 3.69?

To sum it up, which engine k20a or k20a2, which management system and which rear end? Also, anything else you guys can give me a heads up about for this swap would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys,
Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From a jdm car? Or will one from an American car work?

Thanks for replying, btw...nobody else has.

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts