Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Really interested to see how the Grams t/b works for you. I was looking at this the other day.

Assuming you're attaching to use it for blip on down shift?

David

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Really interested to see how the Grams t/b works for you. I was looking at this the other day.

Assuming you're attaching to use it for blip on down shift?

David
That's it David, blip on down shift is the primary reason for trying this out. I'd like to have been able to find a 75mm item but this one just bolts up, looks nice and is pretty complete so thought I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Well things are happening..

Fancy stuff is coming in. Looking forward to the next trackday.

HP electronik PDM and membrane switch panel

I started to learn CAD so designed some brackets and had the water jet cut out of carbon fibre.

Here's one of the panels with all the buttons mounted.
Silver ones are engine/boost maps whilst the other is traction control.

And now for this beaut! Been really looking forward to getting my hands on this!

Aim MXG dash logger. It will be used in conjunction with the syvecs Ecu via Can bus.

And some Inconel 718 exhaust bolts.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I hate you now. All looks amazing!
Congrats on doing things properly and being very different.
What CAD software are you using and do you outsource the water jet work?
Also, how easy would it be to get a steering wheel mounted sheet of carbon off you like that (minus the two silver switches at bottom) for my setup?
There is someone on a Caterham forum building wireless controls for steering wheels at less than half the cost of those on the market. I was planning on using it and wanted to mount switches on the steering wheel.
http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/117082-wireless-steering-wheel-buttons/page-7

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
I hate you now. All looks amazing!
Congrats on doing things properly and being very different.
What CAD software are you using and do you outsource the water jet work?
Also, how easy would it be to get a steering wheel mounted sheet of carbon off you like that (minus the two silver switches at bottom) for my setup?
There is someone on a Caterham forum building wireless controls for steering wheels at less than half the cost of those on the market. I was planning on using it and wanted to mount switches on the steering wheel.
http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/117082-wireless-steering-wheel-buttons/page-7
I'm new into cad so practicing on a few of the more available programs.
I outsourced the carbon profiling to H20 profiling who done a fantastic job and turned the parts around very quickly for me.

Ermm well the fact you have to use high quality auto claved pre prev carbon otherwise the water jetting would just blast the carbon to pieces and Dr laminate things.. the steering wheel backing plate cost me around £140
I could get some made I suppose, a few people have asked about them.

341 - 353 of 353 Posts