Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys I was planning on doing a k20R swap in my EG and i was wondering if i could use the stock type r ecu? will it run normail with the type r ecu? and i was wondering if it is okay to run 92 octane gas on the k20R (11.5.1 cr)? Thanks...[/list]

·
Registered
4 Posts
From my understanding, the ECU in the Ep3 motor has its immobilize feature disabled at the factory, so it should work. As for the gas thing, I have seen people with C5's run on 91 octane so I can't see why not.

·
Registered
348 Posts
allmotorhawaii said:
Hi there guys I was planning on doing a k20R swap in my EG and i was wondering if i could use the stock type r ecu? will it run normail with the type r ecu? and i was wondering if it is okay to run 92 octane gas on the k20R (11.5.1 cr)? Thanks...[/list]

yeaah theres no prob running the stock prc ecu.....and yeah 92 will work shhh all us cali peeps use 91...... but your best bet is to get a k-pro! the damn thing works wonders.....if your gunna spend the money doing the swap might as well go all the way!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.