Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I own a EP3 CTR and want to swop in a K24 bottom end,I have sent a K20A2 head off to DPR for some work and want to fit that to the K24 .What do I do to keep revving the K24 to about 8200....do I need pistons,rods???and who do you suggest I look to when buying these parts....

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
You will definately need rods. Crower makes rods for the K24. I don't know which k24 bottom end you will be using but it would behoove you to purchase aftermarket pistons with deeper valve reliefs. I know CP has pistons available specifically for a k20/k24 swap.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
i wouldn't rev higher than 7500... im currently getting the same set up. i will eventually send my engine out to fully built the whole thing... and i am planning on destroking it to 2.2 liters so i can rev higher... the stroke is just not stable enough because it is too long... im going to shorten my stroke to 90 mm...

look at the ferrai, they have v10 3.0 liter engines... they have short strokes, which lets them rev up to 1500 rpm or so

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.