Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna do this swap i have all the time in the world to get it done right... i just wanna know what i will need.... other then the k20 head and the k24 block... which head do u recommend using and block? will my ep3 5speed tranny still fit or will i need something for that or should i change to 6spd? i jus wanna know everything i need.... thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes your 5 speed will still work with the swap, with no modification. the block you have your choice to use, if you use a accord k24a4 you have to change pistons, and maybe rods (not sure) as they will interfere with the valves. you can use a 6 speed but you will have to mod your shifter, and if you use a EP3 ECU you will not have reverse lockout. i am currently doing the same thing with a k24a1, and k20a2 head.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You will need the CRV engine mount bracket that bolts to the timing chain cover.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You will need a Kpro'd ECU, your EP3's ECU can be Kpro'd and it will work fine then.

Dont worry about the reverse lockout issue with a 6sp trans, if you hit reverse while going from 5th to 6th, you shouldnt even be allowed on the road! LOL

Use the K24A1 and the A2 head.

·
Registered
266 Posts
axles depend on your tranny. if you use the 5 speed you use your ep3 axles. i think you can use them on the rsx tranny (not 100% sure.) no other mounts then what was mentioned above. the EP harness should work just look for the post on here where they explain the sensors that might be different. it seems to be about as straight forward as possible if you have a car that came with a K you shouldn't have to many problems.

This is the sensor list Link to the sensors.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The mount you need is go against the timing cover on the passenger side. you headers will work with out the sway bar. or a trip to the local exhaust shop to fix you up. the K24 block is 29.7 mm taller then k20 block.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Get a 03' EM2 sway bar, it is alot thinner than the stock front sway(way oversized in my opinion). This usually will clear most any header meant for a K20 when used with a K24 block.

Use your stock axles and you will need Kpro

·
Registered
206 Posts
here is my k20/k24 ep3

its just a prb im
dcrh, jp mid, aem sri, and STOCK muffler. internals etc, are oem.
kinda wish i had a k20 insead i love revs over torque lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
the power in the dyno cart above quite a bit more than a k20a stock. and like he said way more torque also. and the abundance of k24's is greater.
depends on your driving style..

i truly enjoy my k24/k20 frank. its alot of torque. i spin the wheels till 3rd no problem.

i still wish i built a k20..i like revs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts