Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a CAD file of the bell housing bolt pattern of the K - series motor?

I have done one but would like to compare it to another one for double checking purposes.

Mark

·
Registered
274 Posts
Bell housing bolt pattern
bell housing as in the part of the tranny that bolts onto the motor?? if your using cad you should have access to a vernier correct?? you can make the measurements thats what i did when i made my h2b plate it takes a bit but its better then waiting for answers of everything

EDIT: just reread what you posted and chances are if your good with the tools its correct lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reviving an old thread here. Does anyone have a copy of the K20 bolt pattern described above? Im building an adapter to use the K20 box on a VR6, to replace the weak boxes in the VW Golf R32's.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,722 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the K20 bolt pattern described above?
Good question, I would be interested too.

to use the K20 box on a VR6,
You know that the K20 trannies are even weaker than a M200 VAG gearbox? There is a threshold (if one can say so here) of around 200 ftlbs, when the 4th gear wheel begin to see issues. This level was the design point of the K20 clutch. Above this the safety factor of the wheels get eaten. Hard shifting and other torsional peak torque can bring them down then more easy.

I wonder why you see it different?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts