Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm doing a project car buildup on the racing radio show, The Speed Scene. I have a '92 CRX with a fiberglass front end, doors and hatch. This is a drag only car. Have also installed a brand new Chromoly cage and just got it certified by NHRA to go as fast as 7.50. I'm getting ready to put it in the shop and get it painted and then I will have the lexan windows installed. What next? I have a B16 motor, but I just gotta have the K20. What would the K20a.org forum members want to see us do first?
Go to www.speedsceneracing.com to hear more. Call in and gimme some feedback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. We were thinking about maybe putting the K motor in first, getting all the wiring done, etc. and seeing how it runs. We could talk about the swap first, Then pull it out and do the motor build. Would be nice to see the difference between the stock motor and the built motor.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Is this going to be a turbo car? When is the first race? Are you going to use homemade solid mount? Or hasport mounts?

What turbo? How much power? You have the motor already?

Good luck Scott,

thanks for letting me promote the site on the show,

Nikos

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Problem Nikos, in fact, I am going to mention your site again on the next show. We are going to have Leslie Durst, first NHRA all motor Honda in the 9's and Ed and Ron Bergenholtz. They used to race Honda's but now race Mazda cars. Check it out.
Now, back to my car. Probably no turbo. No, I don't have the K motor yet. I have the B motor but am looking around for a K motor. I will use Hasport mounts. When is the first race? well I will have to see how fast it comes together. Probably ready at the end of the season. I am racing a B16 powered Civic right now while building the CRX.
The Speed Scene every Tuesday night at 6:00 Pacific/ 9:Eastern time.
www.speedsceneracing.com

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Cool man, will listen for sure.

I would buy a k20a swap for around $3000, sleeve the block, cp pistons, rods like crower and something good, and install aftermarket cams in the head like crower, IPS or skunk2 if they are out when you are doing this....

Gary from here, saw 270whp on a stock block with crower stage 2 3/4 and crower valvetrain.. He is using a k20a which had 0.5 higher compression that the rsx type s motor... But with a sleeved k20a2, you can do high compression pistons as well...

After the suspension is tuned and everyhting is right, you are looking at high tens-low 11s 1/4 mile times in a 1600 lbs car in my opinion and around 300whp on race gas... The right combination of bore, valve size cams, porting, ITBS can do that for sure...

Since your program is sponsored by web cams, do they mind if you use another brand?

·
Banned
320 Posts
speedscenescott said:
Good idea. We were thinking about maybe putting the K motor in first, getting all the wiring done, etc. and seeing how it runs. We could talk about the swap first, Then pull it out and do the motor build. Would be nice to see the difference between the stock motor and the built motor.
With a full race crx you should see low 12s/high 11s for sure with a stock motor (header, intake, KPro only). That might be interesting for your listeners. Then go to a built motor and head for the 10s!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.