Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone no if the hasport kit for the 88- 91 will let the hood close? cause ive seen pictures of the altanator sticking out! ive heard that the ep3 pully&alt. bracket will provided more clearance, but are the pics with the ep3 pully and shit? someone let me know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brian g said:
Here's the hood clearance scoop.

The kit was designed to be used with an SiR style hood. If you have a K24, it will not clear the hood. The other clearance issue is the p/s pump or EP idler. They will not clear the hood either. A lot of people have been omitting the idler and just using the alternator, water pump, crank pulleys and some spacers to get around the problem. We have a product that will be released in July to solve the problem a little better.

brian g
i wanted to say thanks for your help, somewhere on this site there is pics of a car (CRX orCIVIC) with the powersterring or the altanator sticking out by like four inches! now if this is in a EF why is there a power sterring pump? (unless they used a fourdoor p/s rack) again thanks for the help and the great motor mounts :)

i just wanted to make sure: will the fiber images SIR styleCF hood clear? and shut like stock?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.