Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone no if the hasport kit for the 88- 91 will let the hood close? cause ive seen pictures of the altanator sticking out! ive heard that the ep3 pully&alt. bracket will provided more clearance, but are the pics with the ep3 pully and shit? someone let me know

·
Registered
390 Posts
this has been covered already dude... you will need an SiR style hood to clear the k20a2 motor. and only if you run a 3-pulley setup...

otherwise, you will need to cut a hole in the hood or get a hood like what bmcrace offers....

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
K2e2vin said:
japanese tuning company; http://www.jsracing.co.jp/

from what ive read, they have the fastest Time Attack FF-drive car(or something like that), a CRX.
I think Top Fuel holds that record... :wink:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Here's the hood clearance scoop.

The kit was designed to be used with an SiR style hood. If you have a K24, it will not clear the hood. The other clearance issue is the p/s pump or EP idler. They will not clear the hood either. A lot of people have been omitting the idler and just using the alternator, water pump, crank pulleys and some spacers to get around the problem. We have a product that will be released in July to solve the problem a little better.

brian g

·
Registered
589 Posts
zapata vive said:
heyim new to the k swaps and i need some help what do you think would work out better a k20 or a k24. in a ef9. and would you know where i could get it done over here in california thanks.
The K20 and there are several places, including but not limited to Street Image and Pit Crew Motorsports.

brian g

·
Registered
6 Posts
the clearance was no problem when i did my swap
it went in smoothly thanks to some grease on the
mounting points.. yep my k20A5 fits nicely
right in my asshttp://www.k20a.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=19164#
thumbs_down

·
Registered
6 Posts
sauce

Default Re: K20 hood clearance
the clearance was no problem when i did my swap
it went in smoothly thanks to some grease on the
mounting points.. yep my k20A5 fits nicely
right in my ass

(sauce you are SO funny and cool!!)
i think your the best!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brian g said:
Here's the hood clearance scoop.

The kit was designed to be used with an SiR style hood. If you have a K24, it will not clear the hood. The other clearance issue is the p/s pump or EP idler. They will not clear the hood either. A lot of people have been omitting the idler and just using the alternator, water pump, crank pulleys and some spacers to get around the problem. We have a product that will be released in July to solve the problem a little better.

brian g
i wanted to say thanks for your help, somewhere on this site there is pics of a car (CRX orCIVIC) with the powersterring or the altanator sticking out by like four inches! now if this is in a EF why is there a power sterring pump? (unless they used a fourdoor p/s rack) again thanks for the help and the great motor mounts :)

i just wanted to make sure: will the fiber images SIR styleCF hood clear? and shut like stock?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.