Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

k20 EG hatch 1/4 times???

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  z10 
#1 ·
What times could i expect when and if i get my k20 type r in my hatch?? It is a dx with full interior. Also it wil have I/H/E with type r ECU!! I know there are lost of variables but i just need an estimate.

#6 ·
I beleive Z10 ran his with a full interior on his mugen comp to a 13.1 with I/H/E and comp.... I beleive he ran a 12.9 with his K-Pro and more seat time practise..

I've run 11.8 @ 112mph in my Hatch but its stripped on slicks and will hopefully soon run a 10 with a Stock K20A-R with adjustable cam gears, DTR header, NO exhaust, TWM ITB's and Standalone comp...

#7 ·
non vtec said:
I beleive Z10 ran his with a full interior on his mugen comp to a 13.1 with I/H/E and comp.... I beleive he ran a 12.9 with his K-Pro and more seat time practise..

I've run 11.8 @ 112mph in my Hatch but its stripped on slicks and will hopefully soon run a 10 with a Stock K20A-R with adjustable cam gears, DTR header, NO exhaust, TWM ITB's and Standalone comp...
I think i seen that guy on Honda-tech, hes from australia or something. Either way those are good times for street tires, do you know what kind of suspension he is running or what suspension are you running?

#8 ·
He is running some heavy shocks and spring but his is more circuit racing set-up..

Me I'm running a solid rear with custom shocks and springs in the back... We started with 600lbs in the back and have been running high 1.6 60fts so they have been binned and I have installed some 1000lbs in the back to try and get it to hook up better...
In the front I run a pair of Koni's they are height adjustables, with individual bound and rebound adjustment... I also run some home build traction bars..

#9 ·
hi,

we have cusco zero 2 coilover with 12k front springs and 18k rear springs

we managed to clock a 12.9 (1.9 60ft) pass with mugen n1 ecu /custom CAI/dtr header and a 2.5" catback system (cat included)

car weight 2200lbs with driver

205/50/15 BFG D/R

thanks heaps to non-vtec and nikos for their advices! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.