Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
ef being the civic/crx right? if so then possibly if their a decent price and who would be making them? would there still be hood clearance problems?

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We would be making them in house. We are in the process of testing them. You will need a custom hood with the swap.

Anyone interested post.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
wasn't hybrid racing one of the first to design the k-series mounts for the eg? i have the original video of their dyno somewhere. what hood could use for the hood clearance?

·
Registered
3 Posts
how much and how will i know their quality? could u post pictures or a video? and where are you from? sorry for all the questions but i've been ripped off twice buying stuff from forums.thanz

spencer

·
Banned
320 Posts
silvic said:
wasn't hybrid racing one of the first to design the k-series mounts for the eg? i have the original video of their dyno somewhere. what hood could use for the hood clearance?
No. They weren't. And if the video you are talking about is of a white EG with K20 and individual throttle bodies, that was Eric's car his screen name is K20EG. There was a whole thread on it a while ago but basically what happened was Eric designed the mounts and PNP harness and Hybrid Racing was going to sell them. Eric sent them some prototypes including a set of mounts but the deal fell through mostly because Eric was taking too long to supply the mounts and stuff. So Hybrid copied the mounts he had sent them and started selling them. They sold the mounts with his design for a while but now they are making their own in billet.

Just wanted you to know what kind of company you would be dealing with. Definately not an innovator. Will may be a nice guy and everything, I have heard good things about their customer service. But even if Eric failed to hold up his end of the deal (which is debatable) Hybrid Racing had no right to sell products that he designed. They did not have his permission and he never saw a dime of their profits.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have redesigned the entire Eg/Ek/Dc kit from scratch, because of improper engine placement. Everyone that purchased a steel kit from hybrid racing will be able to send it in for a redesigned billet version of hybrid racings motor mounts. We also just finished the billet EK kit as well as a PNP harness for the Eg/Dc Chassis and the Ek chassis.

If anyone has any questions regarding the old design and Eric feel free to call the shop or email me at [email protected]/1-985-951-8588.

how much and how will i know their quality? could u post pictures or a video? and where are you from? sorry for all the questions but i've been ripped off twice buying stuff from forums.thanz

spencer
The kit does not have a price as of yet. The mounts will be made from 6061 billet aluminum and are designed with over 30 years of engineering and tool making experience. I will post picks and vids once the car is finished. We are located in Mandeville Louisiana.

·
Banned
320 Posts
So you are saying that anyone who bought one of your original steel mount kits will be able to send it to you and you will send them one of your redesigned billet mount kits at no cost?

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you are saying that anyone who bought one of your original steel mount kits will be able to send it to you and you will send them one of your redesigned billet mount kits at no cost?
Yes, anyone who purchased a steel kit from hybrid racing will be able to send it in and recieve a billet kit.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you change the mounts from the old style to the new style....

Can you run the same axles?

I have rsx inners with gsr outers????

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would definately buy a few sets.Ive been looking for mounts for the crx.Let me(us) know when theyre out and the money's yours.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are the mounts gonna be out any time soon? My buddy is ready yo buy some hopefully you have them by the end of august. Will the engine stick out of the hood?

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will keep everyone updated on the project. They will not be ready by the end of august.

I will get some pics of the billet mounts shortly.

We are also offering a free engine harness to anyone that pre-pays for an EG/DC/EK mount kit.

Email me for more info and pics.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts