Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i had my tranny repaired the car was thrown back up o n the dyno again, just to see how its doing and possibly pull some timing.

Right away the car was off its last mark by 10hp and about 5tq After playing with it for awhile, My tuner (LoCashing Racing) got it back up to about 207 peak before it just started to get too warm.

So leaving there not really sure whats going on i took the car home and changed the fluid's and did new plugs, well after that the car wouldnt start. No crank no ign power, nothing. IT did something similar on the dyno as well, where it wouldnt crank at all. But would still have IGN power, we found a ground strap that wasnt connected to the tranny so we hooked that up and everything was fine (for the time being).

As i have the car sitting in my garage i decide to run a lead from the tranny over to the negative batt terminal and as soon as i do the car starts up just fine.

SO my quesiton is how much will a small issue like grounding affect things on the dyno? I still crank somewhat slowly with a full battery and good alternator so i know i need to do a grouding kit or something better.. and what are the best swaps out there doing for there grouding points?

I just want to get this taken care of and head back just to see if this is a day by day thing or if my grounding is really cutting my down a little bit.

For reference the cars peak run was made with 100degeree intake temp and did 213/149 and now at 85 degrees it could only muster 207/147

·
Registered
929 Posts
All I can say is GROUNDS ARE ESSENTIAL.

I had three on mine and it wouldn't start.

I had to add a fourth. Then no prob since..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yup grounding is very crutial when it comes to K series swaps. My car has 6 grounds in all. 3 in the engine bay and 3 on my conversion harness.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have two on the trans.

I have two coming from the intake manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.