Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some member's have had a/c running with their k20, but my question is...

Can I use the stock em2 bay harness for a k20 a/c compressor?

I have everything in a ready and my system is just not taking the freon and the clutch for the compressor is not kicking on...i think it is to do with other issues, but just to make sure...i can use the stock bay harness with a k20 compressor?
Thank You

·
Registered
340 Posts
hey I'm having the same problem with my compressor, I wire it to the harness that the d17 was using and nothing, I wired a cable straight from my battery to the compressor and i just made a quick 3 second contact to make sure it kicks on, and it does but its not good to keep doing that, I jus wanted to make sure the compressor worked, but Im still having the same issue, I dont kno where to wire the compressor too!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
come on guys....there's an air conditioning section:
http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html

Maybe the compressor is bad for both of you guys?
If the r-134 is not going into the system maybe its leaking out?
have the system vacuumed and checked for leaks...make sure the evaporator is in good shape etc...
is there oil in the compressor?
etc etc.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you, but yes like i said this was just a wiring question, i know my compressor clutch and coil is bad, but just posted to make sure you cld use stock bay harness. Ill check out thread, thank you

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A/C wiring setup-

"For the wiring part. I so far have come across 3 different wire configurations. I noticed that it can come from any particular vehicle and/or model. So bare with me on this

- First type of a/c wiring i have come across is the 1-wire which will clip right up to the stock a/c compressor. No modifications necessary.

- Second type is a 3-wire connector. The color of the wires are
-blue/red
-green/yellow
-blue/white

For this setup you have to take the blue/white wire and connect it to the green/yellow wire. Then the last wire which is the blue/red wire will go directly to the 1-wire compressor

-Last type is also a 3-wire connector. The color of the wires are
-blue/red
-red
-blue
For this etup you have to take the red wire and connect it to the blue wire. Then the last wire which is the blue/red wire will go directly to the 1-wire compressor

Im sure there are probably other color types out there i dont know about but if you have a blue/red wire and the other colors are different. Its safe to assume that the blue/red wire go to the compressor and the other 2 wires connect to each other."

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im guessing the "1 wire" or "3 wire" setups are referring to the wire connector coming from pressure switch on dryer...correct?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's been a while since I did the A/C with the ES1, but i believe I used the stock bay harness to plug everything in.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got mine working, turns out it was the wiring, i also jus got my ne drier/receiver, ijus need to get the lines vacuumed and recharged :up:

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,101 Posts
What wiring configuration did you use ? I currently have a chassis with a connector with one wire and connected to compressor but doesn’t do anything to turn on
the last time member @Furbyj1 was logged in here was 2/14/2018. Chances are you may not get a reply from him. This thread is 13 years old, I am not sure if you saw that or not.

If you want help with your question, please post pictures of what the situtation you are dealing with on the forum. I would suggest starting a new thread with a title directed towards the exact problem you are having. If the title on this thread is acceptable for you, just reply to this thread with pictures and as much information you can give us and I will move it into your own thread sir. This way people will not overlook your question b/c the thread is from 2011 and they will not want to revive an old thread by responding typically.

Sound good sir?

- Them Witches
Forum staff & super moderator

1 - 12 of 12 Posts