Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to record everything on my build (k24a4 block/k20a2 head )and I figure what a better place than here for the members of k20.org to follow me and help me along the way with your comments seeing as this is my very first engine build and I'd like for all of you knowledgeable people to guide me...you know like in the movie ghost when Patrick is guiding her hands during the vase making lmao.

Here's the link to my channel , I hope you subscribe and help me. Thank you .
https://youtu.be/2T47D1NOkHw

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,974 Posts
I'm going to record everything on my build (k24a4 block/k20a2 head )and I figure what a better place than here for the members of k20.org to follow me and help me along the way with your comments seeing as this is my very first engine build and I'd like for all of you knowledgeable people to guide me...
Welcome Johncrxsi to K20a.org, the best K20/24 engine forum :D. I like your idea to record videos and I would appreciate those videos if you post every single one here, to have a consistance discussion basis for all guys who want to chime in. I for myself have no account at youtube.com, therefore I can't follow you there, but here :D.

To the video you posted about your Supertech pistons, I like it...first I thought, noooo, never this is a 12.5:1 CR piston as the dome volume is too small. But above I found the clarification, it is a 99 mm stroker with an 87 mm bore. Those need only a small positive dome volume, compared to the 86x86 block, to get the right static compression (longer stroke!).

I am looking forward to see more videos here of your engine build...also, like your AKA promise :D, about the CRX...I love that chassis, one of the best of HONDA.

Markus

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Johncrxsi to K20a.org, the best K20/24 engine forum :D. I like your idea to record videos and I would appreciate those videos if you post every single one here, to have a consistance discussion basis for all guys who want to chime in. I for myself have no account at youtube.com, therefore I can't follow you there, but here :D.

To the video you posted about your Supertech pistons, I like it...first I thought, noooo, never this is a 12.5:1 CR piston as the dome volume is too small. But above I found the clarification, it is a 99 mm stroker with an 87 mm bore. Those need only a small positive dome volume, compared to the 86x86 block, to get the right static compression (longer stroke!).

I am looking forward to see more videos here of your engine build...also, like your AKA promise :D, about the CRX...I love that chassis, one of the best of HONDA.

Markus
Thank you for checking out the link. I'll see if I can figure out how to post videos on here ,if not I'll have to provide more links . I'm really excited about this , I want the engine to be powerful enough so that the crx will haul @$$ !! Lol yet still be reliable. I understand that bigger more aggressive can shafts with will net more power but will also cause problems with the life span of the chain tensioner. So my question is do I go with a mild cam to keep the car more reliable . seeing as I don't want to be tearing it apart every few months , or get aggressive cams and just get my tensioner (aftermarket) serviced every few months? I'd really like to try n get close to that 300whp mark. Oh and the reason I'm pretty much set on a crx is because my very first car at the age of 18 was a black crx... Boy do I miss that thing. Now that I'm building the best engine I can I'd like to bring back my first true love lol. Doesn't matter what color it is ,I'm planning on doing a full paint job/body work myself. (I went to school for collision repair n worked in the field for a few years) so I plan on painting it myself and have the perfect crx that my 18 year old self always wanted. :) I'm truly excited.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So many hours of cleaning and lots of degreaser.

Picked up a k20a2 water pump housing , this is the k20a2 head sitting on the k24

And more cleaning

Massive improvement

Now the back side

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My favorite color is red so why not ? I plan on clear coating everything with automotive clear coat. I want things to look nice so....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The valve cover looked like crap so it was time to strip it and re paint

All stripped

Time to address the inside

All done

All painted

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a new k20a2 water pump

Picked up some hybrid racing oil cooler hoses

Picked up a ktuned tensioner cover

Here just test fitting things and admiring my hard work lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ONew BC lightweight con rods .weight vs stock

Ferrea intake/exhaust valves

Comparing weights.... Just wondering
Intake

Exhaust

Supertech 12.5 pistons. 87.5 mm

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,974 Posts
How I got the k24a4
Nice dirty engine...lots of cleaning work to do :D.

Taking it apart...Now that it's taken apart,it's time to clean
Look like used :D

So many hours of cleaning and lots of degreaser...Picked up a k20a2 water pump housing , this is the k20a2 head sitting on the k24...And more cleaning...Massive improvement...Now the back side
Great cleaning work man and nice story :D!

My favorite color is red so why not ? I plan on clear coating everything with automotive clear coat. I want things to look nice so....
Nice color!

Picked up a k20a2 oil cooler...And cleaned it up...
Any other oil cooling system planned?

The valve cover looked like crap so it was time to strip it and re paint...All stripped...Time to address the inside...All done...All painted
Nicely :).

New gaskets for the valve cover...Skunk2 vtec solenoid
Skunk2 VTEC solenoid? What does it better than the stock?

New BC lightweight con rods .weight vs stock...Ferrea intake/exhaust valves...Comparing weights.... Just wondering
Intake...Exhaust...Supertech 12.5 pistons
I have also the shorter BC lightweight rods, seems to be they are popular :). The Ferrea valves are a great product, I really like the swirl polished valve backside, which helps to vaporize the fuel more quick...

...nice update! I am looking forward to see all come together :).

Markus

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice work, I plan on doing one for my 99ek whi h currently has a base k20 a3. Wanted to do turbo build but its my daily driver so I want it to be reliable. I just need to get a lot more familiar with kmanager lol. Keep up the good work I will be referencing this thread for my build

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Nice dirty engine...lots of cleaning work to do :D.

Look like used :D

Great cleaning work man and nice story :D!

Nice color!

Any other oil cooling system planned?

Nicely :).

Skunk2 VTEC solenoid? What does it better than the stock?

I have also the shorter BC lightweight rods, seems to be they are popular :). The Ferrea valves are a great product, I really like the swirl polished valve backside, which helps to vaporize the fuel more quick...

...nice update! I am looking forward to see all come together :).

Markus
Yes it was a used engine,I'm not sure how many miles it on it it before I got it.

Thanks, i had many hours in the cleaning and I'm still not satisfied with it so more to do.lol I can't leave out my favorite color.

The cooling system is basically a complete system from a rsx S . Although I still need to get the ktuned thermostat housing and ktuned upper coolant neck.

The skunk2 solenoid does nothing that the oem can't do.its basically just there to look nice. I was going to buy a new oem one but I figure why not upgrade right?

The valves look very nice and I'm very happy with the BC con rods. Thanks bro . Don't forget to follow my YouTube channel for updates as well.search my name .Jonathan Renteria

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice work, I plan on doing one for my 99ek whi h currently has a base k20 a3. Wanted to do turbo build but its my daily driver so I want it to be reliable. I just need to get a lot more familiar with kmanager lol. Keep up the good work I will be referencing this thread for my build
I bet that ek will turn out nice! I once had an ek hatch,really liked it. Thanks for looking through my thread. Don't forget to check out my YouTube channel for updates.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts