Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everyone i have been on this site for a few years now...
I started building my car back in 2006 and the original plan was k20Z1 swap... But times got tough for me ...so i sold all the kswap stuff that i had collected and picked up a..... JDM 1997 ITR swap... with inovative mounts and a DIY tuck harness... but thats all i have so far....

I got the ITR swap because it was a super deal at $3200.00 out of a clean running jdm ITR

but i still have the itch for Kseries .... so my question go's out to all the people that swaped to k20's.... Was it worth it comming from a B-series swap??... or should i just stick with my B18c

im sure i could sell it for $3200.00+ and buy a k20z1

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 to 10

10 being amazingly different

1 being same

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always herd good things about kseries swap's ... but it seems like as soon as people get there kswap finished ...then end up selling the car not to long after

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
12....its the difference between slow and go
me and tyler are here at my house dude watchin the football games just laughed our asses off at that.

rich is right, sell the B, go K. it really is worth it. even a non vtec k24. seriously

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
I have always herd good things about kseries swap's ... but it seems like as soon as people get there kswap finished ...then end up selling the car not to long after
they take on to much credit card debt imo...at the end get frustrated with bills, sell everything to pay the bills....

how many people go back to a b...very few if any

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do the shifter's feel compared to a solid linkage style like bseries

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
how do the shifter's feel compared to a solid linkage style like bseries
a little sloppy....but you cant compare the 2....b series best of the 90's...k series the best of now and beyond....

c'mon get real, do you think anyone will say anything else on a kseries forum....

let me put it to ya this way, I own 2 K's....sold a ton of b parts to be here....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think about this all the time and really it comes down to what you're looking to get out of the car.

A turbo'ed B will be the same as a turbo'ed K and the B will be cheaper

A N/A B vs N/A K we all know the answer to that one ;) K hands down.

When shit breaks you wish you had a Bseries for all the cheap parts.

Coming from someone that had b18c in his older eg.

If you got a budget don't go K it's not worth it you'll never finish you're swap :p.

Let's say you get 3,500 for the b18c you sell you'll need at least another 3-4K just to get the K in (Mounts, Kpro, fuel rails etc).

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
I think about this all the time and really it comes down to what you're looking to get out of the car.

A turbo'ed B will be the same as a turbo'ed K and the B will be cheaper

A N/A B vs N/A K we all know the answer to that one ;) K hands down.

When shit breaks you wish you had a Bseries for all the cheap parts.

Coming from someone that had b18c in his older eg.

If you got a budget don't go K it's not worth it you'll never finish you're swap :p
:grabs riot gear:

·
Registered
900 Posts
a little sloppy....but you cant compare the 2....b series best of the 90's...k series the best of now and beyond....

c'mon get real, do you think anyone will say anything else on a kseries forum....

let me put it to ya this way, I own 2 K's....sold a ton of b parts to be here....
I agree, you will think the stock shifter is sloppy when going from b to k, but soon you'll have access to a shifter that'll make you think you've got a solid linkage. You also don't have to cut your center tunnel if you use this as opposed to an RSX style shifter.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/index.php/hybrid-racing-k-swap-bolt-in-short-shifter.html

:up:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
thats mostly because of the amount of money the cars are sold for, not because they are unhappy with it.

its night and day. i mean, if u have a fully built b20vtec with an itr tranny, than a stock k20a2 might not be that much of a difference. but other than that, yea its a big difference.

i had just about all the parts i needed for a built ls/vtec when i decided to sell it all and go K, and that was the best decision i could've made

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Back when the k first came out alot of ppl were not to sure about the new motor. I had to make a big choice to sell all my b stuff , well I went for it and soon realized that the ppl saying the k was not worth it did not have one.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured i would find a lot more people coming from B18C swap's here....

so far im into the project about ....$11grand

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'll rephrase, if you're just going to swap in a K and be done with it. I don't really see the need to get ride of a B18C to drop another 4k min just to gain 30lb/tq and 10hp. But if you're going to build or bolt-on K hands down for N/A. For turbo you can have a 2,500$ built D and run 9s depends how much HP you want.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Be nice :p If you don't got 7K at least to drop into a K you're doing it the cheap way, I rather have a very well setup B for a half assed K swap.
tuned stock internal ITR swap maxes out at 180whp (i think thats about right)

i think a tuned stock internal k20Z1 is like 210-220whp (correct) ?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so i got the ITR swap for $3200.00 im sure i could sell it for that much easy...
and brand new innovative mounts i can sell... that's a good jump start... and my fuel lines are already converted to AN fittings

and lucky i have'nt bought axles or other stuff for the b-series swap... so i have'nt gone to far in the wrong direction

1 - 20 of 43 Posts