1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K-Tuned Shifter Cable Grommet

MSRP: $49.99

Applications: Universal

On K-swapped cars without heater cores and top mounted shifters, most people seem to pass the shifter cables somewhere through the firewall. Sometimes the existing hole for the heater core is used and sometimes people prefer to drill a new hole slightly lower on the firewall. Either way works fine but you are always left with some ugly gaps around the cables after installation. This is exactly why we designed a special grommet that eliminates these ugly gaps and protects the cable from the sharp edges of the hole. The K-Tuned Cable Grommet has a billet frame with a 7/16” thick rubber grommet in it. Simply drill 4 holes in the corners of the frame and fasten in place with the included hardware. Great for race cars and anywhere shifter cables are passed through a firewall.

Please PM [email protected] if you have any questions.
Or email: [email protected]

·
Registered
194 Posts
That looks awesome!

Looking at it, i was thinking that if you slit the grommet between the holes, you could possibly also use this to run your engine harness through the firewall. Unless K-tuned develops an extra grommet. :wink::wink::wink:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Mike can you PM me a price on one of these shipped to 93536 Ca?

I think im gonna try and use it to run my Alt and starter wiring along with some EPS wiring through the firewall to the fusebox.

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im running ss lines from the fuel tank to the engine bay. I dont want to use bulkheads on the firewall to decrease the chances of leakage. I was thinking or redrilling the rubber to fit the fuel lines. would you recommend this for that purpose.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Very good piece, fits nice and works as advertized.

Stefan

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im running ss lines from the fuel tank to the engine bay. I dont want to use bulkheads on the firewall to decrease the chances of leakage. I was thinking or redrilling the rubber to fit the fuel lines. would you recommend this for that purpose.
Bulkhead fittings are very safe as long as they are installed properly. But I guess you could use a grommet on the hose if you wanted to.

Very good piece, fits nice and works as advertized.

Stefan
Thanks for posting Stefan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts