Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

K-Tuned Oil Pan Kit

37K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  Cliffh 
#1 · (Edited)
K-Tuned Oil Pan Kit

MSRP: $119.99 (Oil Pan, hardware, and magnetic drain plug)
MSRP: $99.99 (Oil Pan ONLY)

Applications: Direct replacement for all K20A, K20A2 and K20Z1 engines. Plus K20A3, K24A1, K24A4 engines which originally had a steel oil pan. May fit other hybrid applications where an RSX Type-S oil pump is used. Please inquire with us before ordering if you are uncertain about fitment.

If you have been playing around with the Honda K-Series engine long enough chances are you have seen a broken oil pan or two. Part of the problem is that a K20A, A2 or Z1 engine mounted in a K-swapped car (EG/DC2/EK) sits approx. 3/4" lower when compared to the older B engine. The other problem is the oil pan on these engines is made of cast aluminum which does not hold up well if it is hit by something hard. The result is usually a crack or even worse, the pan shatters and takes off a piece of the block girdle with it.

K-Tuned Oil Pans are made with thick gauge powder coated steel which more than likely will just dent if they get hit. Choose to buy our complete kit with oil pan, magnetic drain plug with K logo and a set of 16 bolts which are needed if installing on a K20A/A2 or Z1 engine. Most people forget or don't know that the original bolts for the aluminum pan are longer and will not work with the steel pan. The other option is to buy the pan only with no drain plug or bolts, which is perfect for guys replacing an existing damaged pan or who are building a new engine. To ensure the pan is sealed properly, we recommend using either Hondabond or Permatex Ultra Grey Sealer, part number 82194.

Please PM Mike@K-Tuned if you have any questions.
Or email: mike@k-tuned.com

See less See more
#15 ·
Yes the magnetic drain plug will be available separately.

Looks great! I assume that baffles like the Jun/Blueprint racing style baffle will work with this pan since it bolts to the windage tray and doesn't sit inside the pan. Can you confirm this?
We have not confirmed fitment with any baffles at this time. From what we can see, if an OEM K20A3/K24A pan fits with the baffle you have our pan should also work.

:notbad: Real Interested in this. But I assume you don't offer one with the option of another drain/fitting for turbo oil line?
Turbo Drain service is available from us for an additional $30. You must clearly show us where you want the bung welded. Size will be 10AN.

I'm surprised no one has asked this - will this fit with an ERL S2K pump? How does it compare dimensionally to the K24 pan that is commonly used with the ERL S2K pump?
Dimensionally from what we can tell our pan dimensions are very close to the OEM K20A3/K24A pan. However, we have not confirmed fitment with an ERL S2K pump yet...

hoping that k-tuned will release a baffle option for this kit and can fit OEM also.
In time we do plan to make a baffle. Maybe we will have some time in the coming year to work on it.

#5 ·
:notbad: Real Interested in this. But I assume you don't offer one with the option of another drain/fitting for turbo oil line?

#17 ·
Both the OEM pan and our K-Tuned pan are made from mild steel and coated. In the side by side comparison we did the OEM pan and ours are extremely similar. We did not measure, but our pan did feel a tad heavier which leads me to believe the steel may be slightly thicker. As far as an advantage over the OEM steel pan, there really wouldn't be anything else. This is simply a new oil pan and in most cases we expect orders to come from customers that are replacing damaged pans or building new engines. Having the bolts and the magnetic drain plug in the kit ices the cake.

#23 ·
The OEM pan and our K-Tuned pan are extremely similar. They are both steel and both will only dent if they are hit hard enough. Obviously we all want to avoid having our oil pan hit anything, but sometimes things happen. The comparison being made in the product description is between an aluminum pan and a steel one. If contact does occur would you prefer a dented steel pan? Or an aluminum pan that completely shatters and looks like the one below?

Will this work with the K24A2 or K20Z3 oil pump (with balance shafts)? I like having them on a daily to reduce vibrations. I'm getting old. Lol. Have tons of grey already.
Sorry these do not fit with the balance shaft oil pumps. A deeper pan is needed.

so its no better than an oem pan... is it cheaper?
...it could be cheaper because the price of the chinese manufacturer is very low, I think ;)
As I said above, the OEM pan and our K-Tuned pan are extremely similar.
These are priced very well when you consider that you are getting a complete kit with hardware and the magnetic drain bolt.

#20 ·
Will this work with the K24A2 or K20Z3 oil pump (with balance shafts)? I like having them on a daily to reduce vibrations. I'm getting old. Lol. Have tons of grey already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.